• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unknown Pleasures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Pleasures

Got the book, Peter Hook (hey, that rhymes!) it's a total laugh! More about gigging and taking the piss than about Joy Division, includes anecdotes about;

1. In unfeasibly large turd at Leigh Festival

2. The relative merits of the double-wheel Transit (Echo and the Bunnymen - more capacity) against the single-wheel (Joy Division - easier to maintain) as a tour van.

3. Steve Morris being arrested as a Yorkshire Ripper suspect

4. William Burroughs saying to Ian Curtis 'Fuuk off, kid' when he tried to blag a free book..

I saw Peter Hook once at an REM gig in 1984/5 at Manchester International (shiithole) but because he had a reputation for being hard I was too scared to talk to him. Met Terry Mason tho, he was once a singer, drummer, mixer, sound man and eventually Road Manager for New Order - he's in IT now!! On my Linkedin I think....

Sounds like an average day's reading on CUK.

Comment

4. William Burroughs saying to Ian Curtis 'Fuuk off, kid' when he tried to blag a free book..

I did a gig at the previous ClientCo, and we took a guy on who was claiming to be Ian Curtis' best mate, which I thought was BS. When I did some Googling, low and behold there he is in the photos with him! Funny thing was, when Ian split from his wife Debbie, she threw loads of pictures, records and scrap books with Ian's scribbled song lyrics in them in which this guy kept them for Ian, away in his garage.

I'm surprised he had to work again having sitting on that treasure trove ....

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
        I did a gig at the previous ClientCo, and we took a guy on who was claiming to be Ian Curtis' best mate, which I thought was BS. When I did some Googling, low and behold there he is in the photos with him! Funny thing was, when Ian split from his wife Debbie, she threw loads of pictures, records and scrap books with Ian's scribbled song lyrics in them in which this guy kept them for Ian, away in his garage.

I'm surprised he had to work again having sitting on that treasure trove ....
        Initials KB? He's in some pics in Hooky's book if it is him.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Initials KB? He's in some pics in Hooky's book if it is him.
          That's the man !! Small world...

Comment

Working...
          X