• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much would you have to be paid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much would you have to be paid?

Runny nose, bedridden, fat wallet

Is it worth £3750 for flu? Or £10000 to have a toe amputated and re-attached?

I bet all those people that have a day of work because of a cold thinking they have had flu will be in for a shock when they catch a full dose!! Full flu isn't worth that money in my book!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just had that discussion. I know I've got 'flu because even the thought of a billable day won't get me out of bed.

When I've a cold, I work from home.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not worth the risk for any amount of money.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

The litmus test for flu as far as I'm concerned is this: if you have flu and there's a huge pile of money on the floor that is yours for the taking then the money will stay right where it is and you'll stay in your bed.

Had it twice in my life. Not pleasant at all. I'd rather have the toe amputated and sewn back on.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
            The litmus test for flu as far as I'm concerned is this: if you have flu and there's a huge pile of money on the floor that is yours for the taking then the money will stay right where it is and you'll stay in your bed.

Had it twice in my life. Not pleasant at all. I'd rather have the toe amputated and sewn back on.
            This.

Pet hate of mine is people sniffling away and saying they have flu...no you don't, you have a cold otherwise we wouldn't even be having this conversation in the first place cos you'd be on your deathbed!!!

Comment

It's like people working from home sending you a mail saying they have a migrane. Am sorry, if you can bear the sight of your screen to send a mail you do not have a migrane.

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
                This.

Pet hate of mine is people sniffling away and saying they have flu...no you don't, you have a cold otherwise we wouldn't even be having this conversation in the first place cos you'd be on your deathbed!!!
                But if it is man flu you know it is serious

Comment

What would worry me more than the flu is the attempted cure. Wasn't there a case only a couple of years ago of a human guinea pig who was given the wrong drug or dose and almost (or actually) died due to some drastic adverse reaction? I think at the very least some of his fingers had to be amputated on account of circulation loss leading to necrosis.

Another disincentive would probably be most of the other guinea pigs sharing the facility. The only thing worse than a dose of megaflu would be the same with some pain-in-the-ass ex homeless person perched on the end of the bed regaling one for hour after hour with his adventures in the SAS, or a hyperchondriac boasting about all the diseases they had tried out on her.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    But if it is man flu you know it is serious
                    You know as well as I do that man flu is a very serious condition and not to be taken lightly

Man Flu with Nick Frost - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                    X