• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Judge Orders Woman to Wear "Idiot" Sign

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judge Orders Woman to Wear "Idiot" Sign

Cleveland Woman That Drove on Sidewalk to Get Around School Bus Ordered by Judge to Wear an "Idiot" SIgn as Punishment | Cleveland Leader

Seems reasonable

Ah yes, the wonderful American legal system. I'd be impressed if they ever applied it to any of their real criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
      Ah yes, the wonderful American legal system. I'd be impressed if they ever applied it to any of their real criminals.
      They need them to run Wall Street and Capitol Hill.

Comment

Of course it had to be a woman

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I hope the sign is in colours that go with her shoes and handbag or she will be very embarrassed.

Comment

How do you measure the intelligence of a sign anyway?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

What a ridiculous idea.
              Surely all women drivers should be issued with an 'Idiot' sign when they start to drive, and then they can apply to have them revoked after, say, ten years driving without using the rear view mirror to apply their bluddy make up
              or five years without causing a hideous traffic jam due to bad parking

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                What a ridiculous idea.
                Surely all women drivers should be issued with an 'Idiot' sign when they start to drive, and then they can apply to have them revoked after, say, ten years driving without using the rear view mirror to apply their bluddy make up or five years without causing a hideous traffic jam due to bad parking
                You're just showing your ignorance now, EO. We've got a little magnifying mirror behind the driver's sun visor that's much more suitable for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                  As opposed the the fake criminals?

What she did was wrong, she got punished. What Bernie Madoff did was wrong, and he is behind bars. Gotti, Snipes, Lohan....the list goes on, but I think you get the point.

Aren't you just sore because it's a WOMAN being punished (I take it that's a picture of you in your avatar) ?

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeInCUK View Post
                    As opposed the the fake criminals?

What she did was wrong, she got punished. What Bernie Madoff did was wrong, and he is behind bars. Gotti, Snipes, Lohan....the list goes on, but I think you get the point.

Aren't you just sore because it's a WOMAN being punished (I take it that's a picture of you in your avatar) ?
                    We got rid of ducking stools for gossips and dunce's hats for slow pupils some years ago. This 'punishment' comes right out of that same outdated school of thinking.

They've got some of the most corrupt judiciary in the world in the USA. Look up operation Court Broom some time if you want just one example. There are others. The clown that doled this 'punishment' out for their own amusement and self-publicity comes right out of the Joe Arpaio school of 'justice'. 'Punishments' like this one help no-one. They just amuse a few small minds for a short while.

There's a reason why the USA has 25% of the world's prisoners, but only 4% of its population. That reason is either that Americans are just much more naturally criminally-inclined than the rest of the world, or it's because their judicial system is broken. Have a guess which is most likely.
                    Last edited by Gentile; 6 November 2012, 21:46. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                    X