• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blood Bath in the City

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Bath in the City

Doesn't look good.

More job losses...Commerzbank could cut 5000-6000 jobs
    I'm alright Jack

The City will save us...

Comment

The equivalent to my taxi is not making any money I will remove some seats and buy less fuel
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

We need to preserve it at all costs, otherwise there might be substantial job losses.....

....oh hang on....
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Hedge funds are hiring aggressively. Rumours Brevan Howard are moving back to the UK.

Comment

Those of us who worked in the City in the late 90s, early 2000s had it good. Didn't like working there anyway but it did fund my first BTLs. They should nuke the place and start again.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              They should nuke the place and start again.
              Was it Rothschild who said that financiers are more important than politicians?

With fractional reserve banking the only way forward is ever increasing money supply. Which goes via the city. Destroy that and you will bring the whole country down.

The only way out is inflation.

Comment

Find C++ Jobs with JobServe.com

Investment bank.....30K salary...

Last edited by BlasterBates; 7 November 2012, 13:05.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

The only way out is inflation.
                  Which is why the smart money is on owning tangible assets rather than money in a bank.

Property (around the world), land, Gold, art, bonds, stocks etc.

Money in the bank =

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Which is why the smart money is on owning tangible assets rather than money in a bank.

Property (around the world), land, Gold, art, bonds, stocks etc.

Money in the bank =
                    Someone told me recently that property did worse than stocks during the depression. But I have not been able to find any evidence to back that up.

Comment

Working...
                    X