• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online Poker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Poker

Anyone here got any lenghty and relatively successful experience of online poker ?

I've been playing for a couple of years and for a good few months now had been playing 50/50 sit'n'go tourneys regularly (four or five a night when working away from home). Good thing about 50/50s if you're not familiar is that you only have to finish in the top half to get your money back and the size of your finishing stack determines your split of the remainder of your prize, so you generally have to be an arse to not make the top half of the leader board.

Anyways, been playing these quite succesfully for months and the pot was increasing nicely. last week however, my % top half finishes started to go down, so I dropped to the $10 buy ins and still couldn't find any decent results. From there, I've slowly dropped the buy ins to the point where i'm playing against numptys on $3 buy ins and still losing more than I've ever done before.

Has anyone else experienced such a complete loss of form/luck/skill or whatever the fck it is ??
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Has anyone else experienced such a complete loss of form/luck/skill or whatever the fck it is ??
    No, because I'm utterly ******* brilliant at everything.

HTH BIDI

Sasguru x

Comment

Yes sorry about that. I've started letting my kids play on the tournaments in the evenings as a way to make some extra pocket money. They've been fleecing loads of people who thought they could play poker but frankly struggle with the rules of snap.

Hth

MF
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I always lose. Maybe one day I will find my winning streak.

Comment

Similar thing happened to me - other players were suddenly getting royal flushes on the flop - it was ******* ridiculous.
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            No, because I'm utterly ******* brilliant at everything.

HTH BIDI

Sasguru x
            Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            . .. people who thought they could play poker but frankly struggle with the rules of snap.

Hth

MF
            Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I always lose. .
            WTS
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes. Everybody who ever played it for long enough.

HTH

Comment

Anyone here got any lenghty and relatively successful experience of online poker ?

I've been playing for a couple of years and for a good few months now had been playing 50/50 sit'n'go tourneys regularly (four or five a night when working away from home). Good thing about 50/50s if you're not familiar is that you only have to finish in the top half to get your money back and the size of your finishing stack determines your split of the remainder of your prize, so you generally have to be an arse to not make the top half of the leader board.

Anyways, been playing these quite succesfully for months and the pot was increasing nicely. last week however, my % top half finishes started to go down, so I dropped to the $10 buy ins and still couldn't find any decent results. From there, I've slowly dropped the buy ins to the point where i'm playing against numptys on $3 buy ins and still losing more than I've ever done before.

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                Similar thing happened to me - other players were suddenly getting royal flushes on the flop - it was ******* ridiculous.
                Seriously though, if you want to play poker do a course in probability.
                The frequentist assumption only works in the very long run, losing/winning streaks can and do go on for surprising ages.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                  Yes. Everybody who ever played it for long enough.

HTH.
                  Poker has skill involved, as such for some people it's not really gambling.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

You sure you haven't changed your play style due to being a bit over confident. I was in a similar position and could regularly finish in the money and quite markedly let my game go. Not concentrating, being brash with plays rather than thinking as long, playing loose where I wouldn't have before, rushing games etc.

Have you checked your ranking on Sharkscope or something similar. You might spot a trend where you suddenly dipped. Have a think what happened around that time? Rushed a few games, dented your confidence.

TBH when you are sub $20 you are in the lap of the gods. The poker down there is so tulip it doesn't matter how good you are some dick will hit something on the river when any decent player wouldn't have been in the hand. Once you start losing at that level your confidence and style take a nose dive.

Leave it alone for awhile, not even free play. Maybe think about plays, work on the theory a bit and then come back refreshed and ready IMO.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X