• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2hrs in Brussels, what to do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm catching the Eurostar back to the UK soon and have a 2hr stop over in Brussels.

Any ideas on a good place to eat/drink nearby the eurostar station?

Last time I was there I went directly outside and sat in the very tacky place filled with drunks. This time as gf chef is with me then I'd like to find somewhere a bit better.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

You and Stek could have a session in his room if you can give him a few receipts IMO...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      Last time I was there I went directly outside and sat in the very tacky place filled with drunks. This time as gf chef is with me then I'd like to find somewhere a bit better.
      Go round the hotels and ask them if you can get a room for an hour - "so you can shower".

Comment

We can have a receipt-a-thon, I have loads! Found some A1 bars, not tacky, more like olde worlde UK ones are supposed to be, I love it here!

Comment

Some nice bars in Rue d' Aershot just outside Gare de Nord
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Au Bon vieux temps is a good one

Comment

Take the underground to Brussels nord station, have a walk up and down the Rue d'Aerschot. I am sure you will find somewhere.

The eurostar goes from the South station which is called 'Midi', not speaking Flemish, i assumes that Midi meant middle and headed back to Brussels centre, missed the train and had an expensive journey home.

Comment

I'm catching the Eurostar back to the UK soon and have a 2hr stop over in Brussels.

Any ideas on a good place to eat/drink nearby the eurostar station?

Yep, opposite the main entrance of the station in a modern square, a huge restaurant serving good oysters and lobsters. Can't remember the name though.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                  Take the underground to Brussels nord station, have a walk up and down the Rue d'Aerschot. I am sure you will find somewhere.

The eurostar goes from the South station which is called 'Midi', not speaking Flemish, i assumes that Midi meant middle and headed back to Brussels centre, missed the train and had an expensive journey home.
                  Midi is the French word for the geographical direction South. The Flemish word is Zuid.

The station is Bruxelles Midi (French) or Brussel Zuid (Flemish).
                  Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Start queuing for customs/security right now.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X