• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

He's Dunn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's Dunn

Actor Clive Dunn, best known for his role as Lance Corporal Jack Jones in Dad's Army, has died aged 92.

I must confess, I thought he'd died years ago.

I didn't think he was that old given that he was supposed to be much younger than the bloke he portrayed.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I got looked at funny when I said today "remember that song with the St Winifred's School Choir".

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I got looked at funny when I said today "remember that song with the St Winifred's School Choir".
        That's probably because they sung "There's no one quite like Grandma" whereas Clive Dunn sung "Grandad"

RIP Mr Dunn

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
          That's probably because they sung "There's no one quite like Grandma" whereas Clive Dunn sung "Grandad"

RIP Mr Dunn
          I think that is why they looked at me funny.

Comment

In London last weekend and the hotel TV had something called the Yesterday channel on it and when I changed to it, Dads Army was just starting and I had to explain to Frau D. what it was all about (you want to see 'Allo 'Allo in German, fascinating)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

He's Dunn

Anyone know the B side to Grandad? I do, been waiting for it to come as a quiz night decider for years, it might now!

Comment

He's Dunn

"I play the Spoons" I thought everyone knew that

Comment

He's Dunn

Originally posted by Helpdesk67 View Post
                  "I play the Spoons" I thought everyone knew that
                  Effing hell stay away from any quiz nights in the LS27 area or there will be trouble - ok??!!

Comment

I didn't think he was that old given that he was supposed to be much younger than the bloke he portrayed
                    Gordon Bennet, 1971 was it? How time flies, I must be nearly 35 myself.

PS Somebody quoting their own comment! Is this a CUK first? Where's my medal for self obesssion?

PS Somebody quoting their own comment! Is this a CUK first? Where's my medal for self obesssion?
                    Hey! This is fun!
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X