• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top University graduates working in Pubs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top University graduates working in Pubs

Value of university education falls: Graduates with degree earn 22% less in a decade | Mail Online

If they don't get the tax down the brain drain will mean there's no-one to pull the pints...

I'm alright Jack

sorry

KUATB

we need help with that thread, we have established Mitch would, but we need the Gladiator & radiator angle.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Basic rule of wealth. Turn out more of anything and the value drops.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Rubbish. That "top graduate" working in a pub has a degree in Eng. Lit.
        Graduates with mathematical, scientific and engineering degrees from Russell group universities will always find a well-paying job.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Graduates with mathematical, scientific and engineering degrees from Russell group universities will always find a well-paying job.
          Let me guess, which group was your university in?

Mine was in a different group. The group of worst performing universities in the country. But then I don't need a bit of paper to be successful and wealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I said it in the other thread, but what I don't understand is this; if she has a degree in English Literature, she must be capable of freelance writing, either writing books or short stories for magazines and making a living that way. If she isn't capable of doing that, I don't understand what she's actually been learning at University other than how to read and analyse old books, which isn't really a skill that's unique to English Literature graduates.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Let me guess, which group was your university in?

Mine was in a different group.
              So was mine. The group with the highest ratio of women to men.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

I hope you passed with honours.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Mine was in a different group. The group of worst performing universities in the country. But then I don't need a bit of paper to be successful and wealthy.

Yes obviously you're one of those who are so poor, all they've got is money (and we're not even sure of that)
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    did you bleed the radiators?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X