• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bananas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bananas

Did anyone else watch the prog on BBC2 last week about Bananas?

It regaled us with the wonderful details of the 1945 - 52 Old Liebour government, as led by dear old Clement Atlee, a man with all the charisma of a gerbil.

How food rationing became more prescriptive after the war than during it, as the apparatchiks of the Ministry of Truth.. sorry, Ministry of Food, instead of giving advice, gave orders, which must be obeyed.

Of how they were attempting to ration bread which wasn't rationed during the war.

Etc. Etc.

No wonder Churchill got reelected.

a bit like all those households which gave up pots and pans all in the name of a joint effort.

then pots and pans were not used to make planes etc...
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      a man with all the charisma of a gerbil
      My gerbil (Dave) is mightily insulted by your remark and reckons he could eat you alive (or at least nibble into nothingness over time).

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        BM, Please apologise to Dave for me, I am convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that he has more charisma as a fully signed up Gerbil than dear old Clem.
        I passed on your message to Dave, who said: -

"Hey! No worries mate! You big green, scaly bastard"

(he's an Australian Gerbil).

BM

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X