PDA

View Full Version : first post- hello all

No2politics
8th November 2012, 22:47
Evening all,

First post on here, after a few months lurking.... I've found the forum a great resource, and also a pretty entertaining way of killing time on the train commute!

Been contracting just over 4 years- working in pricing and marketing analytics mainly for insurance companies. Took the plunge into contracting after my first permie job in Leeds which I did for just under 4 years. Whilst in Leeds my then employer hired in a contractor, whom opened my eyes to the world of contracting. I thought- I fancy a piece of that! Relocated to Bristol for my first contract and never looked back! Now based in Hertfordshire, current gig is in london...

There are many things why I prefer contracting.
1) The challenge of having to prove yourselve all over again at a new client.
2) The variety and to a certain extent the uncertainty of not knowing what I might be doing in 6 months time. Keeps it interesting!
3) No Politics!! (Pointless CCing in of emails, whispering and plotting etc)

Anyway glad to be on here. Oh yeah, I just started watching 24 this week. Gripping stuff!

cojak
9th November 2012, 07:51
Evening all,

First post on here, after a few months lurking.... I've found the forum a great resource, and also a pretty entertaining way of killing time on the train commute!

Been contracting just over 4 years- working in pricing and marketing analytics mainly for insurance companies. Took the plunge into contracting after my first permie job in Leeds which I did for just under 4 years. Whilst in Leeds my then employer hired in a contractor, whom opened my eyes to the world of contracting. I thought- I fancy a piece of that! Relocated to Bristol for my first contract and never looked back! Now based in Hertfordshire, current gig is in london...

There are many things why I prefer contracting.
1) The challenge of having to prove yourselve all over again at a new client.
2) The variety and to a certain extent the uncertainty of not knowing what I might be doing in 6 months time. Keeps it interesting!
3) No Politics!! (Pointless CCing in of emails, whispering and plotting etc)

Anyway glad to be on here. Oh yeah, I just started watching 24 this week. Gripping stuff!

Welcome to CUK :)

And btw - I LOVE office politics, in fact you could say that I'm earning a good reputation for a hitherto unsuspected talent.

It's call Stakeholder Management, and the next extension offered was 1 week after I signed my last one!

And with everyone else running for the hills every time it's mentioned I can see a Plan B forming... ;)

oscarose
9th November 2012, 08:59
Greetings and a warm welcome!

:wave: