• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for reflection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for reflection

Coming to the end of the project after a year of smashing it every single day. High stress. Delivered loads for the bank.

Stress is easing, though GoLive is gonna be stressful because certain things cannot be tested until we are in production!!

I'm off to Africa for a month. Time to reflect and plan.

I think I've had enough, I was going to do another 2 years before changing direction but I think I've had enough now.

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    Coming to the end of the project after a year of smashing it every single day. High stress. Delivered loads for the bank.

Stress is easing, though GoLive is gonna be stressful because certain things cannot be tested until we are in production!!

I think I've had enough, I was going to do another 2 years before changing direction but I think I've had enough now.
    Stay clear of the pirates.

HTH
    one day at a time

Comment

...certain things cannot be tested until we are in production!!

Typical bank. Clueless and irresponsible.

Anyway, have fun in Africa; whereabouts?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Typical bank. Clueless and irresponsible.

Anyway, have fun in Africa; whereabouts?
        Don't know where yet, just know I'm gonna be in SA (J'burg) for Christmas. Will plan the trip in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Don't know where yet, just know I'm gonna be in SA (J'burg) for Christmas. Will plan the trip in the next couple of weeks.
          Get yourself to Namibia or Botswana; much more peaceful (as in much less crime and violence) than Jo'burg, brilliant for safaris and outdoor sports.

Comment

Get yourself to Namibia or Botswana; much more peaceful (as in much less crime and violence) than Jo'burg, brilliant for safaris and outdoor sports.
            one day at a time

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. This is a last minute plan.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. This is a last minute plan.
                I've visited both and they're fantastic countries to visit. Very friendly people (as are almost all Africans) and for Africa really quite safe; only thing to really avoid is going down sidestreets in Windhoek at night on your own, and if you need to use an ATM, do it inside the bank. Oh, and Malawi is apparently fantastic but I haven't been yet.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 9 November 2012, 09:41.

Comment

+1

The happiness of these people is without question proof of Buddha’s teachings.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                    X