• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU Doom

Interesting article, albeit a month old

The Largest Economy In The World Is Imploding Right In Front Of Our Eyes
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I don't mind current euro rate is great for me, as I'm being paid in GBP

Though not so good on the gig front.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So Greece, Spain, Italy, France are at different stages of going downhill fast.

Two other European countries were in that state recently but turned it around: Ireland and Iceland.

They are both very small, agile economies. The Irish people accepted the changes that had to be made, and Iceland is not even in the EU, let alone the euro.

There is a lesson there somewhere.

Comment

Does not matter if a month or 2 years old. Its bad, getting worse and going downhill faster.

The question is when will it explode. I was going for 2012 second half - perhaps 21st Dec. But now looks like I am wrong - how much longer can the politicians keep it afloat? And when it explode how will it occur? What will make money?

I am sure sas will be along later to give us an extra date and a full blow by blow account. Or maybe he will just call everyone a cretin....

Comment

Greece run out of money again at the end of November.

So it depends whether they get another bailout to kick the can into 2013.

Bit of a mixed metaphor there, sorry.

Comment

I'd like it to not implode this weekend.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
            X