• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recording a refund request in VT Transaction +

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording a refund request in VT Transaction +

I've had a search through this forum for 'refund invoice' and not found anything useful, and the Google search results I get relate to Sage mostly. I have no previous bookkeeping experience, I've been learning as I go on VT+.

I'm requesting a refund from a parking company for payments made. I've already repaid them to my partner as travel/subsistence expenses and made the appropriate entry on VT+. My question is, is it best practice to raise an invoice to the parking company to accompany the refund expense, or just wait for the refund to arrive and then enter it as a negative payment? Further, I assume I'd use SIN to raise a sales invoice as I can't see any other way to do it, and if so do I set up the service/product type as Total, or as Service to take account of the VAT element?

I'd appreciate any pointers in the right direction or corrections to my assumptions; I'm more of a programmer than a bookkeeper but having your own consultancy means you get make a hash of so many new skills!

I would have thought you'd have better luck posting that query here:

VT+ users - The Book-keepers Forum

Comment

Ahh, didn't see that forum! Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
      X