• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am very thankful

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very thankful

So yesterday flying back into Heathrow and plane is in a holding pattern over London and I am admiring the beauty and majesty of this awesome created world, the curvature of the Earth, bustling metropolis beneath me and the cloud formations, the pilot keeping us briefed on the England game and I had a few moments to ponder what a great God I serve!! How awesome he is. The words of the great prophet Zephaniah came to mind.

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17 Yes indeed I have been made quiet by his love. Amazing. My Creator is rejoicing over with me with singing!!! Wow not only would my God die for me, withhold the punishment I deserve but he also anoints my head with oil and prepares a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. Amazing Grace indeed.

Chico in "blessed yesterday, blessed today and blessed tomorrow" mode
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Originally posted by Chico
    So yesterday flying back into Heathrow and plane is in a holding pattern over London and I am admiring the beauty and majesty of this awesome created world, the curvature of the Earth, bustling metropolis beneath me and the cloud formations, the pilot keeping us briefed on the England game and I had a few moments to ponder what a great God I serve!! How awesome he is. The words of the great prophet Zephaniah came to mind.

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17 Yes indeed I have been made quiet by his love. Amazing. My Creator is rejoicing over with me with singing!!! Wow not only would my God die for me, withhold the punishment I deserve but he also anoints my head with oil and prepares a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. Amazing Grace indeed.

Chico in "blessed yesterday, blessed today and blessed tomorrow" mode
    Oh please...
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

John 11:35

http://www.newadvent.org/bible/joh011.htm

Milan.

Comment

So yesterday flying back into Heathrow
        Never a suicide bomber around when you need one is there.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
          The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
          And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Comment

" Amazing. My Creator is rejoicing over with me with singing!!! Wow not only would my God die for me, withhold the punishment I deserve
            So Chico what punishment do you deserve?

Had you been on a "business trip" to Amsterdam or Prague?

Comment

He's back to claim his crown as village idiot. Lord Leightweight you're fired!
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Amazing Grace indeed.
                Didn't stop her getting evicted though, did it...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You weren't admiring the curvature of the earth when in the holding pattern.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    You weren't admiring the curvature of the earth when in the holding pattern.

HTH.
                    Indeed, you were between 3000 to 7000 feet probably on BNN (Bovington) hold point descending through the stack. It was unlikely you saw the curvature of the earth unless you were:

(a) Flying Concorde

(b) The Archbishop decided to get you a little closer to your god and sent you on the NASA shuttle

(c) You quaffed just a little too much duty free communion wine
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X