• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn Internationals this weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn Internationals this weekend

Saturday

England v Fiji, 14:30

Well, Fiji have surprised in the past but I can't see anything other than a comprehensive victory for England. Unfortunately for Fiji much of their hard work in recent years improving fitness and discipline seems to have slipped by the wayside. They are the toughest of the island nations ( a bit like PNG, I think they prefer League) and it will be interesting to see how England's tackling measures up if Fiji get a run. Hopefully England open up a bit, could be an exciting game to watch.

England by 15+

France v Australia, 20:00
    Obviously with France you never quite know what you're going to get. I think the Aussies have more to prove to their fans at home after recent criticism and will likely win this game. If Aussie can get an edge in the loose and their backs get a bit of space they might tear it up.

Australia by 5+

Ireland v South Africa, 17:30
    Tough call this one. SA rugby has been a bit one dimensional in recent years, Ireland are good but lack depth. Inclined to favour the Irish on this one, sometimes the Saffas take a game to wake up while on tour. Depends on how strong Ireland are under the high ball and how well they counter. SA defence pretty rock solid but Irish are tougher than they look.

Ireland by 3

Italy v Tonga, 15:00
    Great contrast in nations and rugby playing styles here. Italian 'professionalism' to win out I think...although a disciplined Tonga with ball in hand can be frightening, a backline of Jonah Lomus. One of the reasons I love international rugby is intriguing match-ups like this.

Italy by 10

Wales v Argentina, 14:30
    Another interesting match. Wales should win it on form and on paper but they seem to have a problem in recent times with doing everything right except scoring more points than the opposition. Over coaching I reckon. Argentina performed admirably in the "rugby championship" and would have gained a lot from the experience. They are like the French with less flair but more reliability. A good test for Wales, the Pumas are no pushovers, if it's close with 20 mins to go then we'll get a good measure of how strong the Welsh really are.

Wales by 10

Sunday

Scotland v New Zealand, 14:30
    Am likely to be biased here as a kiwi, but Scotland have never ever ever beaten us in 100 years of trying and are not likely to stop a world championship winning All Black team with 16 back to back wins (and a draw! dammit!). The ABs will give more respect to Scotland than their fans will, no doubt, which is bad news for Scotland. In more bad news for Scotland, Dan Carter and Richie McCaw are starting. Current crop of NZ back 3 are some of the best we've seen, should be some lovely tries if they manage to start well and feel confident. ABs can be their own worst enemies when it's not going to plan.

All Blacks by 20

Anybody going to any of the games?
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Originally posted by doomage View Post
    Saturday

England v Fiji, 14:30

Well, Fiji have surprised in the past but I can't see anything other than a comprehensive victory for England. Unfortunately for Fiji much of their hard work in recent years improving fitness and discipline seems to have slipped by the wayside. They are the toughest of the island nations ( a bit like PNG, I think they prefer League) and it will be interesting to see how England's tackling measures up if Fiji get a run. Hopefully England open up a bit, could be an exciting game to watch.
    I'd say Samoa are a lot better.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I'd say Samoa are a lot better.
      Agreed, better. I mean Fiji players are hard as nails. Samoans players are smarter and use the ball better. England players are generally very strong physically and like to bully other teams, this may not be so easy against Fiji. imho.

Comment

England by 10

Aus by 5

SA by 1 point, 1 minute from time, while the whole world cheers on a heroic Irish effort

Italy by 5 (at least 2 red cards per team)

Wales Argentina is the toughest to call; possibly a draw

All Blacks by 20

Comment

Agreed, better. I mean Fiji players are hard as nails. Samoans players are smarter and use the ball better. England players are generally very strong physically and like to bully other teams, this may not be so easy against Fiji. imho.
          Yes, but they still bloody well hurt you. My ribs still hurt from playing 10s against this lot two years ago;

Pacific Chiefs - YouTube

Sometimes I'm glad I stopped.

Comment

Also in play are the 5 second rule and new "rules of engagement" in the scrums.

Comment

I cannot imagine the fear that must grip nightclub bouncers when a bunch of these guys turn up in their nightclub!
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Also in play are the 5 second rule and new "rules of engagement" in the scrums.
                Wot? I missed this. Is someone trying something sensible instead of 'crouch - touch - pause - collapse'? or is it something even worse?

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  I cannot imagine the fear that must grip nightclub bouncers when a bunch of these guys turn up in their nightclub!
                  Never mind that; the Pacific Island guys are mostly complete gentlemen, some of the nicest guys you could be lucky enough to meet. Spare some thought for those of us who've had to try and stop them when they're running at 11 second 100 metre pace.

Comment

Currently on Betfair

Wales 1.29

Argentina 5

Draw 29

England 1.03

Fiji 40

Draw 110

Worth a cheeky punt on the underdogs.

Comment

Working...
                    X