• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?!

Never been in the position where I am asked to work by ClientCo on a weekend, I got a written confirmation that I can "bill as per usual" for Saturday or Sunday, but not sure what would be OK.

The cold hearted bastard in me say's its a day rate whether I work 10 mins or 10 hours, but seeing as the day has consisted off a 10:00 Conference Call and basically waiting around till about 16:00 for the dev's/testers to finish so I can then do my stuff (which I am still doing now) would you play fair and claim for a half day for today or put in for a full one and kick up a fuss if they don't honor it?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Never been in the position where I am asked to work by ClientCo on a weekend, I got a written confirmation that I can "bill as per usual" for Saturday or Sunday, but not sure what would be OK.

The cold hearted bastard in me say's its a day rate whether I work 10 mins or 10 hours, but seeing as the day has consisted off a 10:00 Conference Call and basically waiting around till about 16:00 for the dev's/testers to finish so I can then do my stuff (which I am still doing now) would you play fair and claim for a half day for today or put in for a full one and kick up a fuss if they don't honor it?
    What do you normally book when you spend between 10am and 4pm slacking & posting crap on here Mon to Fri?

Comment

Hmm. The last time I did this my day rate was x 1.5 (because I knew I'd be there for a day + some more time).

You need to charge them a full day.

Edit: and make it clear you're doing them a favour
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Some ask "What would Jesus do?".

But I think you should ask "What would MTT do?".

Comment

Personally would put a half day. But I'm a soft touch.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Personally would put a half day. But I'm a soft touch.
            Not for 7 hours of availability, SHirley?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

The cold hearted bastard in me say's its a day rate whether I work 10 mins or 10 hours, but seeing as the day has consisted off a 10:00 Conference Call and basically waiting around till about 16:00 for the dev's/testers to finish so I can then do my stuff (which I am still doing now) would you play fair and claim for a half day for today or put in for a full one
              and kick up a fuss if they don't honor it?

Man the fook up.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Man the fook up.
                Hark from the guy who needs to ask the gathered community what to have for breakfast!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hark from the guy who needs to ask the gathered community what to have for breakfast!
                  Wait until the much awaited 'what shall I have for lunch' thread. I'm off to the mall. The choices!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I have worked the last 7 w/e and have not billed at all.

The way I see it, it makes up for the skiving I did in the spring, when i spent most of the day in the pub or on here.

swings and roundabouts type of thing

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X