• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's teaching

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's teaching

Thought I'd pass on a few useful ideas from today's meditation workshop. Some very good ideas were presented by the monk.

Basically, the challenge is to see each day as a challenge and try to ensure your state of mind remains peaceful whatever each day brings and not be distracted by drinking, gambling and desire etc. The advice given was to see difficult people, such as coders, cruel directors, aggressive people at work and agents etc, as people who you can indeed practice patience, forgiveness etc from and therefore a blessing.

I did struggle during the meditation due to the presence of great filly in a low-cut top who was in our discussion group so I really do have a long way to go on the 'path to salvation' . It really proves the power of afflictive emotions such as lust and desire really are very strong.

Wishing you all a peaceful weekend.

Last edited by oscarose; 10 November 2012, 17:16.
    one day at a time

Great filly in a low-cut top not being in the 'path to salvation'?

Not this ship, sister.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
    X