PDA

View Full Version : Skyfall - warning, contains spoilers

NotAllThere
11th November 2012, 16:58
Just saw it. I thought it was quite good. It's the first Bond film I've seen in the cinema since Octopussy. I've never seen any after View to a Kill on TV either.

SimonMac
11th November 2012, 17:02
I enjoyed it, beginning was classic bond and the end was something new to the character, won't deny without any shame I nearly shed a tear

suityou01
11th November 2012, 17:55
I enjoyed it, beginning was classic bond and the end was something new to the character, won't deny without any shame I nearly shed a tear

And I'm accused of being a bedwetter :suicide:

SimonMac
11th November 2012, 17:57

But... But... But... they destroyed that beautiful car

Moscow Mule
11th November 2012, 17:59

If the shoe fits...

SupremeSpod
11th November 2012, 18:17

You're not accused, you've been tried and proved.

nomadd
11th November 2012, 18:30

Sex change?

Cliphead
11th November 2012, 18:52
That didn't take long to go off topic :laugh

DaveB
11th November 2012, 19:02
Saw it on Friday night, good film, plenty of character and story development rather than just lots of guns and explosions, but it had lots of guns and explosions as well :)

Judi Dench pretty much stole it in terms of performance I thought.

Plus, they destroyed That Car! :tantrum:

Didn't like the bad guy much, but he was definitely in the Panto baddie tradition of Bond Villains.

OwlHoot
11th November 2012, 20:41
.. Didn't like the bad guy much, but he was definitely in the Panto baddie tradition of Bond Villains.

Yes, you know you're cogging on when the Bond baddies start looking younger and younger :eyes

norrahe
12th November 2012, 07:04
Saw it on Saturday, classic camp Bond.

It was a tad too long though. Enjoyed it all the same.

vetran
12th November 2012, 09:58
Sex change?

he dressed up as a Gladiator?

SimonMac
12th November 2012, 10:07
he dressed up as a Gladiator?

Q showed him how to bleed his radiators

doomage
12th November 2012, 10:46
Saw it on friday, most enjoyable. Best moment for me was, as they were setting up for the final battle, I was saying to myself "WHAT ABOUT THE MACHINE GUNS ON THE ASTON?!!". And then they used them. Brilliant.

bless 'em all
12th November 2012, 12:41

He did intimate that he may have "licked the chutney spoon and put it back" at some point. :eek

Lockhouse
12th November 2012, 12:55
I really enjoyed it, sort of a "Bond reboot".

nomadd
12th November 2012, 13:19

Using a Walther PPK, of all things.

TheBigD
12th November 2012, 13:57
I enjoyed it, but I did feel the end battle was a bit "Home Alone".

Also, wasn't the car already destroyed in Goldfinger?

SupremeSpod
12th November 2012, 14:12
I enjoyed it, but I did feel the end battle was a bit "Home Alone".

Also, wasn't the car already destroyed in Goldfinger?

Goldfinger hasn't happened yet...

TheBigD
12th November 2012, 14:56
Goldfinger hasn't happened yet...

So if Goldfinger hasn't happened yet, how come he's already got the car?

MyUserName
12th November 2012, 15:06

He does not have it - it got destroyed

the_rangdo
12th November 2012, 15:22

Don't try and understand the Bond timeline, it'll never work.

Arguably this film is still part of the re-boot prequel series, given it ends with the gun barrel sequence, we get introduced to Moneypenny and M is now back in a proper office.

Yet throughout the film Bond's treated as an archaic dinosaur of yesteryear that's past his sell-by date.

Archangel
12th November 2012, 19:03
One of the scenes I didn't like was when he sneaked up on the girl in the shower and shagged her despite her telling him she was a (child) sex slave. Another was the complete disregard when she was shot dead "waste of a good scotch".

DaveB
12th November 2012, 20:06
One of the scenes I didn't like was when he sneaked up on the girl in the shower and shagged her despite her telling him she was a (child) sex slave. Another was the complete disregard when she was shot dead "waste of a good scotch".

Bond may be one of the "Good Guys" in the films, but these days he's not one of the "Nice Guys" and the definition of good guy is definitely flexible.

Back at the start when he's having the psych exam, his response to the word "Murder" is "Employment".

Ruprect
12th November 2012, 20:51

Yeah but to clarify for those who haven't seen it - she's grown up now - it's not jimmy saville creeping up on her

NotAllThere
12th November 2012, 20:58

Wifey pointed out in the Roger Moore days, he'd have done his move, shot the henchmen, rescued the girl, capture the bad guys and then drunk the scotch saying something about it being a waste to have spilled it.

That and the totally unnecessary tube train bit were the weakest points of the film. But overall - loved it.

norrahe
12th November 2012, 22:20
I was amazed how he was in Westminster which was actually the old Willis Coroon building in Trinity Square right by Tower Hill.

That's the fun bit about films based in. London how the characters end up miles away from where they are supposed to be.

DaveB
13th November 2012, 07:39
I was amazed how he was in Westminster which was actually the old Willis Coroon building in Trinity Square right by Tower Hill.

That's the fun bit about films based in. London how the characters end up miles away from where they are supposed to be.

But he did go sprinting down Whitehall to get there ;)

Scrag Meister
13th November 2012, 07:57
Wife and I are going to see this on Wednesday.

So I didn't read any of the thread. :D

portseven
13th November 2012, 08:24

Also how he got on the 'District Line' but it was actually more like a Jubilee Line station and carriage

Then when the train came crashing through the roof it was empty, despite him just getting off a 'rush hour' train

Lockhouse
13th November 2012, 08:51
Also how he got on the 'District Line' but it was actually more like a Jubilee Line station and carriage

Then when the train came crashing through the roof it was empty, despite him just getting off a 'rush hour' train

I didn't understand why the train was empty either.

malvolio
13th November 2012, 09:05
I didn't understand why the train was empty either.

That's becuase there was nobody on it... :wink

As regards the car, ISTR Q saying in Goldfinger "The car is a standard issue Aston Martin DB5...", so there could be more than one.

norrahe
13th November 2012, 09:27
Wife and I are going to see this on Wednesday.

So I didn't read any of the thread. :D

THE BUTLER DID IT! :p

SupremeSpod
13th November 2012, 09:40
THE BUTLER DID IT! :p

Hell of a name for a Butler, "James Bond"...

:wink

MayContainNuts
18th November 2012, 16:23
Just seen it! At what point thought Silver was going to the Jaws character when he was showing off his teeth!!!! But obviously just showing what cyanide can do!!!

nomadd
18th November 2012, 18:19
Just seen it! At what point thought Silver was going to the Jaws character when he was showing off his teeth!!!! But obviously just showing what cyanide can do!!!

Seemed a bit strange... He takes out his teeth, and half his entire face falls away. Puts his teeth back in, and his face miraculously rebuilds itself! :eek:

Still, a nice trick to entertain the ladies with at Christmas parties. :D

Oh, and I'm glad JD's rendition of M finally got killed off - couldn't stand the moaning bitch. Same bloody lines, temperament and delivery in every Bond film she appeared in; a character long past it's sell-by date (shame, as she's a great actress - they should have given her more to do.)

Still, after a terribly clich├ęd first 30-40 minutes, the film gets progressively better. Enjoyed it quite a lot by the end. Best Bond movie in years, IMHO.

Pondlife
18th November 2012, 19:18
Saw it this afternoon. Enjoyable and Ralph wotshisname will be a good M.

Q annoyed the fck out of me. A cross between Mos from IT crowd and the last few Dr Who incarnations.

Enjoyed the opening sequence but they are always good. Would have enjoyed the start more if my arse wasn't so sore from being violated by Odeon prices. :rolleyes:

ZARDOZ
29th November 2012, 13:02
Film looked great, cinematography stunning in places. Lots of action, if a little unbelievable in places e.g the way he ran up the wall and clung onto the lift was like something out of a Spiderman film. Story was pretty poor and predictable. 6/10 IMHO