• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How was your weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was your weekend?

Lot's of rugby for us. Eldest had a mini rugby tournament, was great to see him play in a better squad than usual (the 'B' team), he impressed the coaches as well as his mum and dad. At one exciting point he burst through the 'pack', evading about 5 defenders, but then got pulled up for basically tucking the ball under his arm and fending off other players. Which is not allowed in tag rugby.

Glorious day for rugby on Sunday, for us and the All Blacks.

There was a 2 minutes silence for Remembrance Day. Amazing with about 200 kids and as many adults, complete silence. Except for some 'soccer players' on a nearby field. Ignoramuses.

Also band practice Using heavy gauge strings to harden up my fingertips, bit of a sting afterwards.

How was it for you guys and gals?
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Originally posted by doomage View Post
    Lot's of rugby for us. Eldest had a mini rugby tournament, was great to see him play in a better squad than usual (the 'B' team), he impressed the coaches as well as his mum and dad. At one exciting point he burst through the 'pack', evading about 5 defenders, but then got pulled up for basically tucking the ball under his arm and fending off other players. Which is not allowed in tag rugby.
    Better to hold the ball in two hands and elbow the bastards.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My daughter had her flu jab on Saturday and then we tried to go for some family pictures. It was virtually impossible as she wanted to play on the chairs.

Got home and watched TV with the wife

Went to the Rememberance Parade on Sunday, a weird feeling as I am normally singing in the choir but was just listening today as I can not go to rehersals at the mo.

Did two more days of 'Insanity' training.

Overall, it was tiring but fun.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I went here:

and had this:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I went to my favourite Italian and had spaghetti with king prawns, clams and bottarga....
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Lots of meditation.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I went here:

and had this:

The whole lot?

Comment

It was quite nice, thanks for asking.

Quite one on Friday apart from the dog going mental over the fireworks.

Went to my fav curry house on Sat night and found a new tapas/wine place that's opened up.

Sunday I went clothes shopping for the first time in ages. I have some questions;

1) When did everyone start wearing lifejackets like this?

2) What's with anyone who's not wearing a lifejacket trying to look like they belong in Horse & Country magazine?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  The whole lot?
                  That looks like Celle.

Middle childs birthday party, so 10 screaming 6 year olds running around the house all day, pumped up by sugar and an exciting bear building session....

Sunday I mostly did nothing but try and clear an enormous headache, and make sourdough

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Better to hold the ball in two hands and elbow the bastards.
                    This is good advice. Also useful for pushing through the crowd on the platform, using your man-bag as a rugby ball.
                    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Working...
                    X