• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

Not quite...but its funny how many people are contacting me with offers of projects:

- on Friday I have to go to Frankfurt for a face to face for a very long contract. Telephone has already been done and seems to be already in the bag

- CV is also at the same place for another long project but via a different company but in the same area, could be interesting

- contacted today about a 5 monther in Nürnberg but will probably turn it down as there is no chance of an extension, I don't think its really for me and the agency drone told me that they couldn't give me the rate I wanted and that no-one else would either (all the other project either have offered the same or more) and that in the current economic climate, companies are cutting back which kind of contradicts what I'm seeing. I think as agents don't know the different areas in IT she might be half right but in my area, its booming'ish

- the quickie one that got cancelled a few weeks back has just been offered again, by 3 companies and has now changed from being a 7-10 day quickie has now become a 6 month plus. Looks like they might be getting rid of their current crop of people and getting a new lot in.

- turned down 4 others in the last 10 days as I wasn't interested in them or they wanted someone to start ASAP

- possible extension o the current one as well

Hopefully everyone else is looking good
    Last edited by darmstadt; 12 November 2012, 18:24. Reason: 4 companies, e-mail came in while writing this
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Very good indeed.

one day at a time

Comment

Boomed

Congrats! Good to know u are in demand! All good here.
      "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
      Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Wayhey!
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Things certainly seem to be picking up in Deutschland.

Am ever hopeful that miracles might happen in cloggers.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
          X