PDA

View Full Version : Permission to transfer your CV outside of the UK when applying for UK jobs? WTF?

mos
13th November 2012, 07:58
I came across this job ad - and It made me very uncomfortable. Am I being oversensitive?

By submitting personal data to any company or division within the Allegis Group, the applicant is providing explicit consent to the use of such data by the Allegis Group and to the transfer of such data to and from the Allegis Group companies within the UK, Europe and outside the European Economic Area in connection with the fulfilment of the applicant's voluntary requests, and the fulfilment of other job opportunities that match the applicant's profile

SupremeSpod
13th November 2012, 07:59
I came across this job add - and It made me very uncomfortable. Am I being oversensitive?

Nope, you're being thick!

Learn to read.

SimonMac
13th November 2012, 08:02
It just means they can store your CV on a server in the US etc if the hardware is there

Mich the Tester
13th November 2012, 08:39
Allowing some highly trained advisor in the Nigerian finance sector and to steal your identity.
ftfy

NickFitz
13th November 2012, 09:30
I came across this job ad - and It made me very uncomfortable. Am I being oversensitive?

By submitting personal data to any company or division within the Allegis Group, the applicant is providing explicit consent to the use of such data by the Allegis Group and to the transfer of such data to and from the Allegis Group companies within the UK, Europe and outside the European Economic Area in connection with the fulfilment of the applicant's voluntary requests, and the fulfilment of other job opportunities that match the applicant's profile

If you don't make any requests to them, you shouldn't need to worry :)

Alternatively, tell them you're only making the request because you're being forced to at gunpoint. That way it's not a voluntary request, so the clause doesn't apply.

SupremeSpod
13th November 2012, 09:32
If you don't make any requests to them, you shouldn't need to worry :)

Alternatively, tell them you're only making the request because you're being forced to at gunpoint. That way it's not a voluntary request, so the clause doesn't apply.

At last, someone else who can read!
:facepalm:

darmstadt
13th November 2012, 09:40
in connection with the fulfilment of the applicant's voluntary requests, and the fulfilment of other job opportunities that match the applicant's profile

Its that bit I would be more worried about as basically it means they'll put you forward for any and all roles they feel fits your profile or, like some agencies, will just constantly send you mails about any old role.

mos
13th November 2012, 09:41
:facepalm:

Forgive me for bringing that up SP but your reactions to my thread are on the oversensitive side .... :laugh

mos
13th November 2012, 09:44
Its that bit I would be more worried about as basically it means they'll put you forward for any and all roles they feel fits your profile or, like some agencies, will just constantly send you mails about any old role.

Great! Based in Mumbai perhaps ?

SupremeSpod
13th November 2012, 09:49
Forgive me for bringing that up SP but your reactions to my thread are on the oversensitive side .... :laugh

I have an aversion to stupid people, sorry but that's just the way it is.

Incognito
13th November 2012, 09:55

Companies like these will no doubt outsource candidate matching to Bob. It's the equivalent of helpdesk within IT. So basically Bob is going to do keyword searches against your Cv and you're going to get a multitude of completely unrelated permanent jobs into your inbox.

To get around it, apply for the job but stipulate in writing that you are refusing permission for your personal data to be held in locations outside the European Economic Area with the purpose of being used for the fulfilment of other job opportunities that match your profile.

mos
13th November 2012, 12:44
I have an aversion to stupid people, sorry but that's just the way it is.
still :laugh :laugh ... (sorry)

Doggy Styles
13th November 2012, 15:00
:facepalm:In which case, did you read the bit that concerns the OP?

"...and the fulfilment of other job opportunities that match the applicant's profile"

Isn't that a catch-all, they can send it whereever they want to without an applicant request?