• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel Duty increase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Duty increase

I see that the utterly incompetent Labour party was trying to force a delay in fuel duty increase and failed. It staggers me. When they were in power they constantly chose to implement an increase in fuel duty and ignored pleas to postpone it. Now they are in oppistion they want to appear to be fighting for the motorists and are protesting the increase of 3P.
    Bloody hypocrites.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Anyone with an interest in politics knows that the conservatives have had to stop/delay labours rises. Now they are against their own plans but they know the majority of voters don't care about "we've delayed the rise" but will remember "the nasty tories have made your fuel more expensive".

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      I see that the utterly incompetent Labour party was trying to force a delay in fuel duty increase and failed. It staggers me. When they were in power they constantly chose to implement an increase in fuel duty and ignored pleas to postpone it. Now they are in oppistion they want to appear to be fighting for the motorists and are protesting the increase of 3P.
      Bloody hypocrites.
      Yes, it's almost as if they're an opposition political party looking to court popularity.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
        Yes, it's almost as if they're an opposition political party looking to court popularity.

Would being in opposition mean opposing everything that comes up ? They championed increase in taxes on fuel, air passenger duty, etc etc with the excuse of saving the planet and now they are doing a complete U turn. They must think the voters are blind and deaf.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Damn petrol is extortionately expensive at present in the UK, when I visited the weekend it was 1.32 a litre even petrol in Switzerland is cheaper
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Again & Again I don't understand why they don't continually publish analysis (done by a suitably independent research house) of how bad it would be now if labour had continued.

overlay their average policies on existing events. And any proposed

Debt under - Tories = £X - Labour=£X*1.2 Labour proposed = £X * 0.5
            Nurses fired Tories = X Labour = X *-0.2 Labour proposed = £X * 1.5

etc.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Would being in opposition mean opposing everything that comes up ? They championed increase in taxes on fuel, air passenger duty, etc etc with the excuse of saving the planet and now they are doing a complete U turn. They must think the voters are blind and deaf.
              They're all ******* and will say whatever it takes to get into power and then once in power will do whatever they like, while at the same time saying whatever it takes to get back into power. You seem somehow shocked by it all.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Again & Again I don't understand why they don't continually publish analysis (done by a suitably independent research house) of how bad it would be now if labour had continued.

overlay their average policies on existing events. And any proposed

Debt under - Tories = £X - Labour=£X*1.2 Labour proposed = £X * 0.5
                Nurses fired Tories = X Labour = X *-0.2 Labour proposed = £X * 1.5

etc.
                The difficulty with this is getting any sensible and verifiable analysis of the effect different policies would have on economic growth and tax take. Whichever approach you favour, you will analyse according to your prejudice. There is no hard science behind it.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

I often see van drivers parked up leaving their engines running for a considerable time. It seems fuel needs to be more expensive.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

I maybe wrong but if you turn off the engine and then turn it back on it is meant to use more fuel allegedly, plus certain van drivers are probably not actually paying for the fuel out of their own pocket
                    Last edited by The Spartan; 13 November 2012, 11:09. Reason: added more
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X