• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Return of Third Class Rail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of Third Class Rail

....which will be great for the plebs...

Return of third class: Rail companies draw up controversial plans to reintroduce another tier of service on trains (so how bad will that be?) | Mail Online

Anyone care to admit they will be travelling third class in the future...
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    ....which will be great for the plebs...

Return of third class: Rail companies draw up controversial plans to reintroduce another tier of service on trains (so how bad will that be?) | Mail Online

Anyone care to admit they will be travelling third class in the future...
    This doesn't look bad actually;

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

There'd have to be a compelling reason to get me on a train in the first place!

Comment

There are 3 classes on planes - at least for long haul. So I don't see what the fuss is about.

Comment

It’s not actually 3rd class travel, rather a 3rd option (premium standard) very much like the airlines do already.

As ever the media has twisted it to suit headlines.

Personally depending on the charge v benefits I may consider it.
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It doesn't point out that Standard Class already is Third Class.

It was 2nd Class that was abolished in 1956.
            I think they assumed people would have forgotten that by now. They didn't reckon on ZG.

Comment

I'm looking forward to strutting through the third class carriage and distributing condescending looks to the plebs, whilst ensuring my second class ticket is prominently displayed in my top pocket.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                I'm looking forward to strutting through the third class carriage and distributing condescending looks to the plebs, whilst ensuring my second class ticket is prominently displayed in my top pocket.
                Hi Sas .... oh.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  It doesn't point out that Standard Class already is Third Class.

It was 2nd Class that was abolished in 1956.

Cant they just get rid of the seats and pack us all in like cattle ? Ohh, also charge double what they charge now for the privilege. Should be easy, just bribe a few MP's and job is done.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Cant they just get rid of the seats and pack us all in like cattle ? Ohh, also charge double what they charge now for the privilege. Should be easy, just bribe a few MP's and job is done.
                    Why not have a standing room only carriage that's free for 18-25 year old women and charge men a premium to travel in it?

Comment

Working...
                    X