• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ideas of accomodation in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas of accomodation in London

I have an offer of a gig in London, and before I sign on the dotted line, was wondering about accomodation. I know several here use some sites, using peoples rooms whilst they are away working, and mon-fri shares. Has anyone got any links? I only need it until Mid Feb when one of my tenants leave.

Thanks in advance.

Very cheap cardboard boxes down under the bridge at Embankment.

Good social life and a multi ethnic community.

Keep your tech in your sleping bag though or it'll be nicked and sold to enable a crack purchase.

Have fun.

On topic : Spare Room
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      Very cheap cardboard boxes down under the bridge at Embankment.

Good social life and a multi ethnic community.

Have fun.
      Near a gym and pool?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        Near a gym and pool?
        laterooms gives you that chance to select hotels with gym and pool plus give it the postcode.

Comment

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s?location=...kout=&guests=1

This one?

Comment

Thanks Guys and gals. Laterooms currently looking for £165 for a bloody holiday inn per night...

I'll try this other one, but it looks like I'll be moving house week to week, which I'd like to avoid.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              +1 for airbnb where I'm staying also has a gym, depends on the location
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Have alook at Staybridge Suites in Stratford (next to the Olympic Park and a couple of hundred meters from the underground) I got a good deal there plus the room includes kitchen, there is a gym but no pool but there is a laundrette and plenty of places to eat in the neighbourhood.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

another +1 for airbnb without it I wouldn't have found accommodation in Zurich and competition for accommodation here in insane. Also SPARE ROOM for flatshare, house share, flat share & rooms for rent is pretty good at times, best of luck with it.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    Near a gym and pool?
                    The Thames is nearby, and I'm sure you can find one of those park gyms near by.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X