• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown - safe pair of hands?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown - safe pair of hands?

Mr Brown tried to ease fears and said that as well as ensuring a low and stable rate of inflation, he also wanted stable industrial relations, a competitive tax regime and a predictable and light-touch regulatory environment.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Just look at your tax now and look at the financial damage this bloke has done, next he wants to run the country, another Scot meddling in our lives !

Draw your own conclusion !

Comment

I believe Gordo is going to change his name to James once he is in power

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
        I believe Gordo is going to change his name to James once he is in power

Mailman
        Wot as in "Say it loud, i'm scots and i'm proud" or maybe "Papa's got a brand new stealth tax"

Comment

Mr Brown underlined his growing authority as prime minister-in-waiting - by unexpectedly announcing that he is committed to ensuring Britain retains its independent nuclear deterrent, a move that could cost the taxpayer between £13bn and £25bn.

Between 13 and 25 Billion means of course 120 Billion come end of upgrade.

Thats a lot of hard working taxapyers money , up in smoke !!!

And how may US companies will have their nose in the UK nuclear trough ???

Comment

You won't be saying that when aliens invade and we need those missiles to destroy the motherships and save the world. Money well spent then.

Perhaps I've been watching too many Hollywood films.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              You won't be saying that when aliens invade and we need those missiles to destroy the motherships and save the world. Money well spent then.

Perhaps I've been watching too many Hollywood films.
              well and Good DP.

Surely we could still destroy the Alien ships if we bought some surplus off the shell Soviet Missiles, I know a bloke down the pub who can get you SS22s for 200 quid a pop,I guess youll find them on Ebay for even cheaper prices, far more cost effective solution.

Comment

Couldnt we save hundreds of billions of pounds by simply stealing an alien space ship, going up to the mothership and infecting it with a nasty virus?

Oh and also leaving behind a nuke to kill em all!

Mailman

Comment

According to Times Yesterday we now pay £6000 more in tax per family (total tx/number households) than when bastard Brownstuff first became chancellor.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

What you mean is the government have invested an extra £6000 per family since they came to power.

Excellent progress and I'm sure we'll see the investment increase again soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X