• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lapland. ANyone taking their kids this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lapland. ANyone taking their kids this year?

I have been before with #1, but was a bit let down by the place we stayed and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations, as I am taking #2 this year.

Home of Lapdancing
    Join IPSE

Comment

Only been once before and it was absolutely heaving. Swore I'd not go back.

Comment

I think it was Jimmy Savile's favourite christmas treat for sick children.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
          Only been once before and it was absolutely heaving. Swore I'd not go back.
          I am with you here. However, I made that mistake once, and now #'s 2 and 3 both want to go. The thought of getting back on 'that' plane again, makes me shake with fear: 4.5 hours of forced happiness, 200 kids full of sugar and over indulged. Even #1 said it was 'horrid'. I was stopped after my 4th vodka...

Comment

Why not just go to the New Forest?

BBC News - Brothers jailed over Lapland New Forest park

Comment

We did a 3-day trip to Lapland a couple of years back, stayed in a log cabin in Yllas.

Nice and quiet (apart from the organised Santa excursions) - Levi on the other hand looked a real hive of activity.
              Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                I have been before with #1, but was a bit let down by the place we stayed and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations, as I am taking #2 this year.
                Lapland is for wimps - Tough guys spend Christmas on Svalbard
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X