• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life in the Bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life in the Bench

Second week, today I;

1. Got up at 9:30 - late for me normally up at 6:30 weekdays...

2. tulip, shower, no shave, going stubbly, read a book while dumping...

3. Watched Jeremy Kyle - some impressively poor teeth on show this morning

4. Watching some old UK Border Force eps on 'puter to cheer myself up after the Abu Qatada thing.

5. Grilling a full pack of Turkey Rashers for late brekky.

Later I shall;

6. Take the new bendibus (free wifi onboard!) to Leeds City centre to meet an ex-colleague (not benched) and visit the German Market and gorge on Helles and Käserwurst....

7. Retire to sports bar to watch England

8. Bendibus home the worse for wear...

9. Catch up with Corrie!

Perfect, not ready for any work yet....

I am looking forwards to the day when I can afford to do that......

Comment

IN the bench?.. That is a new one.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        The Bench Sports Bar - Surrey Sports Park - Guildford

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Bollocks!!

Comment

Phew.. I thought he meant one of these. Was gonna get some soup and a piece of bread in the post to him...

Park Bench House | SGA: Sean Godsell Architects

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=stek;1645420]
              6. Take the new bendibus (free wifi onboard!) QUOTE]

WTF? A bus with WiFi? I presume Leeds has given up on the idea of a tram system then? Good job there wasn't millions spent on prep work like Edinburgh. Oh, hang on a minute...

Comment

[QUOTE=barrydidit;1645445]
                Originally posted by stek View Post
                6. Take the new bendibus (free wifi onboard!) QUOTE]

WTF? A bus with WiFi? I presume Leeds has given up on the idea of a tram system then? Good job there wasn't millions spent on prep work like Edinburgh. Oh, hang on a minute...
                Yep - 72 Leeds-Bradford-Leeds, it's great!

The bendibuses were brought in instead of the Trams, WorstBus said they'd be cheaper and work better. They don't. We call 'em 'Purple Slugs'....

Think we're still getting the Trolleybus system tho I think...

Comment

Eaten the turkey rashers and now I am bloated. Might go for pint with all the dolies on the estate or head into the village and try the new wine bar? With a pint of course, no poncy wine for this Northerner....

I need a PM to head this up, must have experience of Stella 4.0, 5.0 and 5.2, Pint 2.01 (not 2.0 or earlier), experience of MS Project for Mac 4.01, and speak fluent English and Serbo-Croat. Also need some testers from Halifax to make sure the system works end-to-end. Doing UAT today, pen testing tomorrow with some strangers from Rodley and volume testing on my brothers stag do next week.

Anyone with extensive experience of Tennents 9.0 or Oranjeboom 8.5 will NOT be considered...

Comment

Where being ON the bench just isn't close enough.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X