PDA

View Full Version : Life in the Bench

stek
14th November 2012, 12:01
Second week, today I;

1. Got up at 9:30 - late for me normally up at 6:30 weekdays...

2. Shit, shower, no shave, going stubbly, read a book while dumping...

3. Watched Jeremy Kyle - some impressively poor teeth on show this morning

4. Watching some old UK Border Force eps on 'puter to cheer myself up after the Abu Qatada thing.

5. Grilling a full pack of Turkey Rashers for late brekky.

Later I shall;

6. Take the new bendibus (free wifi onboard!) to Leeds City centre to meet an ex-colleague (not benched) and visit the German Market and gorge on Helles and Käserwurst....

7. Retire to sports bar to watch England

8. Bendibus home the worse for wear...

9. Catch up with Corrie!

Perfect, not ready for any work yet....

NorthWestPerm2Contr
14th November 2012, 12:04
I am looking forwards to the day when I can afford to do that......

northernladuk
14th November 2012, 12:09
IN the bench?.. That is a new one.

mudskipper
14th November 2012, 12:10

The Bench Sports Bar - Surrey Sports Park - Guildford (http://www.surreysportspark.co.uk/thebench/)

stek
14th November 2012, 12:12

Bollocks!!

northernladuk
14th November 2012, 12:14
The Bench Sports Bar - Surrey Sports Park - Guildford (http://www.surreysportspark.co.uk/thebench/)

Phew.. I thought he meant one of these. Was gonna get some soup and a piece of bread in the post to him...

Park Bench House | SGA: Sean Godsell Architects (http://www.seangodsell.com/park-bench-house)

http://www.seangodsell.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/ProjectImage/project-images/park%20benchhouse-4%201024w.jpg

barrydidit
14th November 2012, 12:15
[QUOTE=stek;1645420]
6. Take the new bendibus (free wifi onboard!) QUOTE]

WTF? A bus with WiFi? I presume Leeds has given up on the idea of a tram system then? Good job there wasn't millions spent on prep work like Edinburgh. Oh, hang on a minute...:facepalm:

stek
14th November 2012, 12:19
[QUOTE=stek;1645420]
6. Take the new bendibus (free wifi onboard!) QUOTE]

WTF? A bus with WiFi? I presume Leeds has given up on the idea of a tram system then? Good job there wasn't millions spent on prep work like Edinburgh. Oh, hang on a minute...:facepalm:

Yep - 72 Leeds-Bradford-Leeds, it's great!

The bendibuses were brought in instead of the Trams, WorstBus said they'd be cheaper and work better. They don't. We call 'em 'Purple Slugs'....

Think we're still getting the Trolleybus system tho I think...

stek
14th November 2012, 12:31
Eaten the turkey rashers and now I am bloated. Might go for pint with all the dolies on the estate or head into the village and try the new wine bar? With a pint of course, no poncy wine for this Northerner....

I need a PM to head this up, must have experience of Stella 4.0, 5.0 and 5.2, Pint 2.01 (not 2.0 or earlier), experience of MS Project for Mac 4.01, and speak fluent English and Serbo-Croat. Also need some testers from Halifax to make sure the system works end-to-end. Doing UAT today, pen testing tomorrow with some strangers from Rodley and volume testing on my brothers stag do next week.

Anyone with extensive experience of Tennents 9.0 or Oranjeboom 8.5 will NOT be considered...

quackhandle
14th November 2012, 12:32
Where being ON the bench just isn't close enough. :hug:

qh

fckvwls
14th November 2012, 12:34
no poncy wine for this Northerner....

Have you considered a twitter account instead?

suityou01
14th November 2012, 19:25
Have you considered a twitter account instead?

Whs

Does you being on the bench mean we have lo listen to this bollox daily until you find a new gig? :suicide:

stek
14th November 2012, 19:32
Yep, like we have to listen to yours! Except my bollox is true bollox not fantasy fukn island bollox..

suityou01
14th November 2012, 19:33
Yep, like we have to listen to yours! Except my bollox is true bollox not fantasy fukn island bollox..

Oh dear, the drunken drivel via smart phone edition :rolleyes:

stek
14th November 2012, 19:34
Oh dear, the drunken drivel via smart phone edition :rolleyes:

Oh yes, had a good evening thanks! Hic!

suityou01
14th November 2012, 19:35
Oh yes, had a good evening thanks! Hic!

He he he. Kebab and hooker next? :D

stek
14th November 2012, 19:41
He he he. Kebab and hooker next? :D

Had three Käsewurst at the German Market, one pint of Helles and a Chimay Blau, one pint of something waiting for my mate to turn up, no chance of a kebab staying down, no chance of doing anything with a prossie.

Was gonna watch the England game but prolly will just go to bed....

Where am I?

Zippy
14th November 2012, 19:44
Aww, bless him. He's our best mate.

BA to the Stars
14th November 2012, 22:17
[QUOTE=barrydidit;1645445]

The bendibuses were brought in instead of the Trams, WorstBus said they'd be cheaper and work better. They don't. We call 'em 'Purple Slugs'....

Thank goodness the Purple Slugs were dumped onto the 72 route and the 4 route from Pudsey to Leeds has normal buses again.

I hated those things, always felt travel sick on them.

BlasterBates
15th November 2012, 08:06
Will be joining you in a couple of weeks.....and really looking forward to it.

:music:

stek
15th November 2012, 09:35
Apologies, I was a bit of a tit last night, not even three pints - can't use the spiked excuse cos I saw them all poured! Dodgy sausage?

Had loads more in Brussels last week and managed to post reasonably nicely!

d000hg
15th November 2012, 10:01
Eaten the turkey rashers and now I am bloated. Might go for pint with all the dolies on the estateWhy not just take a slab of Special Brew and drink it at the bus stop with them?

alreadypacked
15th November 2012, 10:19
Will be joining you in a couple of weeks.....and really looking forward to it.

:music:

I was due to be on the bench next week, but it looks like The Agents have other plans. Do they get Xmas bonus or something :confused:

suityou01
15th November 2012, 10:36
Apologies, I was a bit of a tit last night, not even three pints - can't use the spiked excuse cos I saw them all poured! Dodgy sausage?

Had loads more in Brussels last week and managed to post reasonably nicely!

You soft organ :hug:

Scrag Meister
15th November 2012, 16:03
[QUOTE=barrydidit;1645445]

London got rid of the bendibuses, cos they were a traffic nightmare, think they sold them to some bus company near Leeds. :D

BlasterBates
15th November 2012, 16:06
I was due to be on the bench next week, but it looks like The Agents have other plans. Do they get Xmas bonus or something :confused:

boo.....cop out ...I was looking to have some fun with all the benchers in a couple of weeks.

but good luck :smile

alreadypacked
15th November 2012, 16:15
boo.....cop out ...I was looking to have some fun with all the benchers in a couple of weeks.

but good luck :smile

I wanted to get back to Zurich, but that is not happening at the moment.

Sysman
15th November 2012, 16:20
I need a PM to head this up, must have experience of Stella 4.0, 5.0 and 5.2, Pint 2.01 (not 2.0 or earlier), experience of MS Project for Mac 4.01, and speak fluent English and Serbo-Croat. Also need some testers from Halifax to make sure the system works end-to-end. Doing UAT today, pen testing tomorrow with some strangers from Rodley and volume testing on my brothers stag do next week.

Does that pub on the canal at Rodley still do a decent pint of Tetley's?

P.S. How are the treacle mines doing?

barrydidit
15th November 2012, 16:58
Does that pub on the canal at Rodley still do a decent pint of Tetley's?

P.S. How are the treacle mines doing?

Tetleys! Carlsberg closed that down years ago... I believe they brew something in Northampton* which masquerades as the same thing. It isn't though. :mad:

* - i'll admit it might be some other place in the general geographic region of 'down south'.

JaybeeInCUK
15th November 2012, 19:30
Second week, today I;

1. Got up at 9:30 - late for me normally up at 6:30 weekdays...

2. tulip, shower, no shave, going stubbly, read a book while dumping...

3. Watched Jeremy Kyle - some impressively poor teeth on show this morning

4. Watching some old UK Border Force eps on 'puter to cheer myself up after the Abu Qatada thing.

5. Grilling a full pack of Turkey Rashers for late brekky.

Later I shall;

6. Take the new bendibus (free wifi onboard!) to Leeds City centre to meet an ex-colleague (not benched) and visit the German Market and gorge on Helles and Käserwurst....

7. Retire to sports bar to watch England

8. Bendibus home the worse for wear...

9. Catch up with Corrie!

Perfect, not ready for any work yet....

I'd ask for timestamps for each event, but you tosspot probably don't have to bother with such arcane concepts as time.

After nearly 8 months of grafting with but a week off, I am MUNDO jealous. But I got a flight booked on the 27th, leaving on a jetplane, may not be back in Blighty for 3 months, so f**cking there!!

Sysman
15th November 2012, 19:44
Tetleys! Carlsberg closed that down years ago... I believe they brew something in Northampton* which masquerades as the same thing. It isn't though. :mad:

Bar stewards!

Something masquerading as Tetleys appeared in my local English/Irish theme pub a few years ago. I knew it didn't travel well, but this was definitely some other brew.

* - i'll admit it might be some other place in the general geographic region of 'down south'.

Nuff said.

According to some brewery rep, Ind Coope (sp?) was brewed in the Midlands to the same recipe as Tetleys, and they even had the same coiour schemes for logos. One sip was enough to tell you otherwise.

eek
15th November 2012, 20:22
Tetley's is now brewed in Wolverhampton at Banks.

If you think that's bad Newkie Brown is now brewed in Tadcaster. And not even at the better of the brewery's there. (yes I know Samuel Smith's pubs aren't always great but their beer is better than John Smith's).

barrydidit
15th November 2012, 20:27
Tetley's is now brewed in Wolverhampton at Banks.

Meh. Northampton/Wolverhampton. :rollin: It's stretching 'down south' a bit but it's certainly not Leeds, where it ought to be...

eek
15th November 2012, 20:51
You drive along the M62 and turn left when you reach the M6. I would definitely call that South of Leeds.