• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vibrams....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrams....

Any tried them?

I am tempted....

2011 new Vibram FiveFingers Bikila men's&women's SHOES size 36-40-41-42-43-44-46 | eBay

Wilmsy, how are your aerobic classes going?

btw, now that you are not in the old job perhaps you could take your old nickname back?

Comment

Depends what you want them for. Most peoples feet aren't strong enough without the support from trainers so it takes a while to get the tendons strong enough for any reasonable amount of use. Apparently they become very good as off road running shoes as you can feel the terrain a lot more

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
        Short of using a megaphone down the high street, few things scream " I am a cocksocket" louder than a pair of those.

Comment

WTF!

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
            Short of using a megaphone down the high street, few things scream " I am a cocksocket" louder than a pair of those.
            It would be easy to wash the piss off them though.

Comment

Virtually 80% of the people here, that work out at the gym use them. You need to build up training in them in order to be able to run in them properly otherwise you risk serious injury.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Had them for a few years - £110 in my day

What are you going to use them for specifically?

Running - start small distances (on grass if you can) and build - use roller and do lots of stretching, you are using different muscles and the lack of foot support - think of it as starting over.
                Or why not go barefoot - same thing and cheaper - chappy at prague marathon went barefoot... beat me.

Gymwork - seeing these in the weights area daily now.
                Or why not go barefoot - same thing and cheaper - Am told 'I'll be back' Arnie did all his weights barefoot.

Other stuff - prepare for serious p$$taking

Comment

I've got some Merrell Barefoot Access that are pretty good once you've worked 'em in (as above advice, start small).

My inbred webbed feet precludes the five fingers...
                  B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                    I've got some Merrell Barefoot Access that are pretty good once you've worked 'em in (as above advice, start small).

My inbred webbed feet precludes the five fingers...
                    Me too...

Comment

Working...
                    X