PDA

View Full Version : Facebook's couples pages

Pondlife
15th November 2012, 08:51
Anyone considering getting an online divorce over this? :ladybags:

Automatic Facebook couple pages: Nauseating sign of desperation ? The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/15/facebook_couples_page/)

speling bee
15th November 2012, 08:53
Anyone considering getting an online divorce over this? :ladybags:

Automatic Facebook couple pages: Nauseating sign of desperation ? The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/15/facebook_couples_page/)

I shit in their mouths.

Halo Jones
15th November 2012, 09:05
I never did get the whole “declare your relationship on websites thing” those who know me, know I am married to BGG, if I don’t know you then it’s not your business <bah humbug mode off>

I actually got a post on farcebook about a friends couples page, they never sent the page; it was automatically sent, all FB is doing is alienating a large chunk of its users, who will soon get fed up & move on.

It does seem that the younger generation seem to accept this controlling influence of their online presence more than the older (wiser) users, whether that is down to them not knowing otherwise or me being a cynic I don’t know.

DimPrawn
15th November 2012, 09:08
I ain't got a Facebook account. I don't like anything about Facebook, from as you say it's control, it's disregard for privacy and mostly incase something I say there comes to bite me in the arse at some later date.

DS23
15th November 2012, 09:12
wdps

OwlHoot
15th November 2012, 09:18
I ain't got a Facebook account. I don't like anything about Facebook, from as you say it's control, it's disregard for privacy and mostly incase something I say there comes to bite me in the arse at some later date.

WHS, although I had to create an account to test some web software I was writing several years ago.

I'm still bombarded almost daily with friend requests and last time I checked my page several months ago there were loads of "you may know these people" mugshots of Americans, but no button to indicate "never heard of this person".

d000hg
15th November 2012, 10:03
I ain't got a Facebook account. I don't like anything about Facebook, from as you say it's control, it's disregard for privacy and mostly incase something I say there comes to bite me in the arse at some later date.Plus you've not got any mates.

DimPrawn
15th November 2012, 10:07
Plus you've not got any mates.

There is an element of truth in that too.

speling bee
15th November 2012, 10:12
Plus you've not got any mates.

That's why he has online banking.

SimonMac
15th November 2012, 10:23
My facebook page is locked down so its basically me and my ex sharing pictures of the kids with respective parents and extended family

d000hg
15th November 2012, 11:12
You hope they're family members...

northernladuk
15th November 2012, 11:28

Great comment, put it on your FB page next to the one about the price of carrots in Asda so I can like it!

SimonMac
15th November 2012, 11:35
You hope they're family members...

To be honest I actually pray either they or I are adopted at times!

fullyautomatix
15th November 2012, 11:50

<like>

Mods, can we have FB like/dislike smileys please.

Sysman
15th November 2012, 12:17
It does seem that the younger generation seem to accept this controlling influence of their online presence more than the older (wiser) users, whether that is down to them not knowing otherwise or me being a cynic I don’t know.

I saw this with a bulletin board that had a change of ownership a year or two ago.

The older and wiser members quickly got fed up with way the new management didn't seem to understand privacy concerns. The rest just seemed to accept the new attitude.

captainham
15th November 2012, 13:21
<like>

Mods, can we have FB like/dislike smileys please.

Don't forget Google+.

And MyFace. Or is it BeSpace. BeBook? Ah whatever, let's have those anyway.

Halo Jones
15th November 2012, 14:38

I agree, which is why I am on there under an alter ego & have locked down all settings & don’t allow any tagging

Platypus
15th November 2012, 18:27
wdps but without extraneous apostrophes

FTFY :tongue

AtW
15th November 2012, 18:38

:eek:

Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath? Some employers and psychologists say it's 'suspicious' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184658/Is-joining-Facebook-sign-youre-psychopath-Some-employers-psychologists-say-suspicious.html)

speling bee
15th November 2012, 19:40
:eek:

Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath? Some employers and psychologists say it's 'suspicious' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184658/Is-joining-Facebook-sign-youre-psychopath-Some-employers-psychologists-say-suspicious.html)

That's crazy talk. Loads of CUK members aren't on Facebook.

Zippy
15th November 2012, 19:48
I think I might sign one of the cats up and see how many 'friends' he can make (prob Zipmog02 - he's more outgoing)

F***in pointless bollox.

d000hg
15th November 2012, 19:52
Our cat's on FB.

Peoplesoft bloke
15th November 2012, 22:56
My facebook page is locked down

:laugh good luck with that

eek
15th November 2012, 23:17
:laugh good luck with that

Well he thinks it is. Personally the only locked down facebook page is a non-existent one and even then I know they have a better track on my browsing habits than even google thanks to all their Like button malarky.

mudskipper
16th November 2012, 06:35
I've got a 'like' button on myCo's page. So far I'm the only person who likes it. :(

MyUserName
16th November 2012, 09:23
I am on Facebook, I like it - it is a great way to keep in touch with people.

Although last night a friend posted how his wife had found out he had been having phone sex with another woman for 7 years. I found the idea of posting that hillarious and commented "You are lucky that's all she has found out" - within a minute I had been unfriended - ah well.

cailin maith
16th November 2012, 09:25
I am on Facebook, I like it - it is a great way to keep in touch with people.

Although last night a friend posted how his wife had found out he had been having phone sex with another woman for 7 years. I found the idea of posting that hillarious and commented "You are lucky that's all she has found out" - within a minute I had been unfriended - ah well.

Facebook is great for keeping in touch with friends and family who are all over the place, especially with pics etc.

My pet hate though is the whole airing your dirty laundry in public thing. It's totally unnecessary and cringeworthy.

MyUserName
16th November 2012, 09:30
My pet hate though is the whole airing your dirty laundry in public thing. It's totally unnecessary and cringeworthy.

Yeah that baffles me to, I find it quite distasteful.