• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the Bench....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Bench....

Since last Thursday, in fact. First time in 2 years.

Picked up some good skills in my last role (WPF, MVC4, WF etc) but I have to say the world ain't exactly beating a path to my door. Just lots of calls about permie roles.

still, it's early days & plenty of opportunity to do all those DIY tasks I've neglected for the past 2 years.

Anyone else finding the market slow?

2 years of work, you not fancy taking 3 months off (November, December, Jan are usually slooow) and just doing something interesting/travel/do a really hard jigsaw?

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post

Picked up some good skills in my last role (WPF, MVC4, WF etc) but I have to say the world ain't exactly beating a path to my door. Just lots of calls about permie roles.

still, it's early days & plenty of opportunity to do all those DIY tasks I've neglected for the past 2 years.

Bussy in Dublin at the moment, due to roll-off next week. 4 phone interviews this week.

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/technol...fortune/5.html
      Last edited by alreadypacked; 15 November 2012, 10:03.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        2 years of work, you not fancy taking 3 months off (November, December, Jan are usually slooow) and just doing something interesting/travel/do a really hard jigsaw?
        Plan is to do that in the new year. Just need to find a 2/3 monther to get me there.

Comment

Thats exactly how I'm finding the market mate.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Thats exactly how I'm finding the market mate.
            UK is on it's way down, everyone is just looking at how much their house is worth and thinks they are ok.

Rolling down the hill, if they allow the speed down hill to build, there will be a hard land.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Absolutely....me too.

Best chill out and wait for the New Year.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Absolutely....me too.

Sorry to tell you, but there will be no New Year, just a worse version of Last Year.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Absolutely....me too.

Be cool -

Comment

Yes, it's slow. And the agents and clients are all time-wasting asshats: "Please can you just take our online test..?" Er, no, f-u-c-k off. Next.

Six months on the bench for me. But then again, after a straight 2.5 year stint at the last gig (IB), I simply don't care. Thinking about getting back into contracting in the New Year - about Spring time.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                    X