• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do in Manchester

I am going to Manchester next weekend for the QPR game and the Hatton fight. These events should fill my saturday, but not sure how to spend the Friday night and Sunday, anyone got any recommendations?

I *think* that the Christmas markets have started, so I'd suggest a few Gluhweins on the friday night.

Sunday, depending on your interests - the university museum is worth a visit as is the art gallery if you're into the Pre-Raphelites.

Comment

Try Canal Street, there's this 50p on the dance floor in the Rembrandt, seems to be glued or something, I must have tried a 100 times to pick it up. Funny thing is when I do I fall asleep and I wake up with what seems to be porridge in the back of my trollies. Odd...

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
        I *think* that the Christmas markets have started, so I'd suggest a few Gluhweins on the friday night.

Sunday, depending on your interests - the university museum is worth a visit as is the art gallery if you're into the Pre-Raphelites.
        Starts this weekend. Town is mad with all the little huts getting ready to open.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Try Canal Street, there's this 50p on the dance floor in the Rembrandt, seems to be glued or something, I must have tried a 100 times to pick it up. Funny thing is when I do I fall asleep and I wake up with what seems to be porridge in the back of my trollies. Odd...
          It's the breakfast bandits.
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Try anal treet, there's this 50p on the dance floor in the Rembrandt, seems to be glued or something, I must have tried a 100 times to pick it up. Funny thing is when I do I fall asleep and I wake up with what seems to be porridge in the back of my trollies. Odd...
            FTFY (Somebody defaced the sign!)

Comment

I think an idea would be to tell us what you like doing first. We could say go eat at Rosso and then down Panacea to do some star spotting but that might be your bag. Are you doing all this alone or is the missus or mates with you?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff View Post
                FTFY (Somebody defaced the sign!)
                Like in the seventies - it's back to normal now!

Comment

See if you can track this dude down............he is awesome...........assuming you quite like the Blues of course!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

for sunday lunch try the this'n'that cafe in the northern quarter!
                    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                    X