PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Manchester

Ketchup
15th November 2012, 16:10
I am going to Manchester next weekend for the QPR game and the Hatton fight. These events should fill my saturday, but not sure how to spend the Friday night and Sunday, anyone got any recommendations?

RasputinDude
15th November 2012, 16:14
I *think* that the Christmas markets have started, so I'd suggest a few Gluhweins on the friday night.

Sunday, depending on your interests - the university museum is worth a visit as is the art gallery if you're into the Pre-Raphelites.

stek
15th November 2012, 16:17
Try Canal Street, there's this 50p on the dance floor in the Rembrandt, seems to be glued or something, I must have tried a 100 times to pick it up. Funny thing is when I do I fall asleep and I wake up with what seems to be porridge in the back of my trollies. Odd...

cailin maith
15th November 2012, 16:21
I *think* that the Christmas markets have started, so I'd suggest a few Gluhweins on the friday night.

Sunday, depending on your interests - the university museum is worth a visit as is the art gallery if you're into the Pre-Raphelites.

Starts this weekend. Town is mad with all the little huts getting ready to open.

doomage
15th November 2012, 16:23
Try Canal Street, there's this 50p on the dance floor in the Rembrandt, seems to be glued or something, I must have tried a 100 times to pick it up. Funny thing is when I do I fall asleep and I wake up with what seems to be porridge in the back of my trollies. Odd...

It's the breakfast bandits.

StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff
15th November 2012, 16:57
Try anal treet, there's this 50p on the dance floor in the Rembrandt, seems to be glued or something, I must have tried a 100 times to pick it up. Funny thing is when I do I fall asleep and I wake up with what seems to be porridge in the back of my trollies. Odd...

FTFY (Somebody defaced the sign!)

northernladuk
15th November 2012, 17:00
I think an idea would be to tell us what you like doing first. We could say go eat at Rosso and then down Panacea to do some star spotting but that might be your bag. Are you doing all this alone or is the missus or mates with you?

stek
15th November 2012, 18:04
FTFY (Somebody defaced the sign!)

Like in the seventies - it's back to normal now!

shaunbhoy
15th November 2012, 18:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvuX2pyjI-Q

See if you can track this dude down............he is awesome...........assuming you quite like the Blues of course!

:music:

portseven
15th November 2012, 19:13
for sunday lunch try the this'n'that cafe in the northern quarter!

Spacecadet
15th November 2012, 22:07
I believe it's only 2 hours by train to London where you can find something to do away from the plebs

Sasguru

Ketchup
16th November 2012, 07:58
Unfortunately the mrs is with me as she wants to see her sisters who live there, all they seem to want to do is to go and drink. For me that goes with out saying, but would quite like to do something a bit more touristy in the day. (Plus dont want to end up getting drunk and getting in trouble for staring at her 20yo sisters impeccable rack) Christmas markets look good, will definitely visit.

I looked through through the museums and restaurants, the football museum might be mildly interesting and think i will give the Artzu gallery a go. Was just hoping someone may have some hidden gems that are worth visiting that i wouldnt find in the headlines of a guidebook.

StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff
16th November 2012, 08:51
Like in the seventies - it's back to normal now!

It gets regularly defaced I can assure you :smokin

original PM
16th November 2012, 08:59
the footy museum is now open - maybe worth a look

also MOSI - which is free...

although from your comments not sure your companions are the 'intellectual type'.

but while you are down by MOSI 2 decent pubs selling decent beer are cask and the knot both down the bottom end of deansgate

also the oasthouse half way down deansgate

also australasia bar on deansgate - bit psjh but great cocktails and you can do a bit of footballer spotting..

BA to the Stars
16th November 2012, 10:08
(Plus dont want to end up getting drunk and getting in trouble for staring at her 20yo sisters impeccable rack)

:nopics:

EternalOptimist
16th November 2012, 11:54
I am going to Manchester next weekend for the QPR fight and the Hatton game. These events should fill my saturday, but not sure how to spend the Friday night and Sunday, anyone got any recommendations?

If you are with the missus, I would suggest the curry mile on friday night, but try the curry mile on sunday

:rolleyes:

RasputinDude
16th November 2012, 11:54
Of course, there's also the train station where you'll be able to see hoards of pissed off QPR fans. :D

stek
16th November 2012, 12:27
Of course, there's also the train station where you'll be able to see hoards of pissed off QPR fans. :D

And Man U fans going home back to London.....

Ketchup
16th November 2012, 13:12

I will be one of them

RasputinDude
16th November 2012, 13:32
And Man U fans going home back to London.....

Well done! :D

stek
16th November 2012, 13:39
Well done! :D

Not noticing any +ve rep tho!!

speling bee
16th November 2012, 13:44
Museum of Science and Industry was pretty good last time I went. Trying to remember pubs that were good for a quick pint when I lived there. Mr Samuel's Chop House, maybe?

stek
16th November 2012, 14:09
Not noticing any +ve rep tho!!

Ta!!