• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Directly contracted childcare (contract example)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directly contracted childcare (contract example)

I've approached my daughters childcare provider about paying for her place through my company. It seems that I am the first person they have come across that has made this request and as such don't have a contract template for this type of thing.

Can anyone out there show/send me an example of of contract they may have with their childcare provider?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Liam

I gave up trying to get a written contract out of our nursery, I just followed the advice in the link below and wrote to them saying I would be setting up a monthly direct debit from company to contribute to the cost of child X, and that I would need invoices in company name for my records.

Company Contributions to Childcare | ContractorInfo

Note that link does have various sample documents.
    Last edited by IR35 Avoider; 19 November 2012, 09:18.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I will proceed as you suggested.

Comment

I do this. All they need to do is put the invoice in your company's name. You company *must* pay the invoice - you can't pay it personally and claim it back.

My daughter's nursery also struggle to get their heads round it. Be prepared for a long series of conversations explaining that it is legal and fine to do.

Comment

I just used to transfer money into the childcare provider's bank account, as the hours we put our little'un into childcare were not regular. Was years ago now, so I suppose it would have been good to get an invoice....

Comment

You do not need to get the childcare provder to put a contract in place, a simple written agreement between your company and the childcare provder stating that the company will be paying the cost of childcare should be sufficient.

You could use the below as an example:

"XYZ Consulting Limited
            23 High Street, Anytown, AT12 1AB
            Dear Sir
            We agree to purchase childcare from you to the value of £55 per week from 4th September 2011. We intend to give the
            childcare as a benefit to our employee, Fred Bloggs for use by his son, Tom.
            This agreement may be amended or cancelled if Fred Bloggs leaves the employment of XYZ Consulting Limited.
            Yours faithfully
            John Smith
            Director"

Comment

Working...
            X