PDA

View Full Version : Yet another example of a well balanced I.T. pioneer.....

sbakoola
15th November 2012, 18:23
I suddenly don't trust my virus checker so much now .....

BBC News - Software pioneer John McAfee 'hid in sand' from police (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20326170)

AtW
15th November 2012, 18:25
Jobs, Gates plus a few more were real pioneers, this guy never was - just successful business on the back of Microsoft's inability to secure its product.

KentPhilip
15th November 2012, 23:03
Belize police are looking for John McAfee.
If they catch him they estimate the trial could last 30 days...

AtW
15th November 2012, 23:38

:laugh

:eyes

centurian
16th November 2012, 06:33
So firstly he moves to Belize to dodge US taxes....

Then his whines like a baby that the country he has moved to - has a corrupt police force

Presumably he will be wanting all the support and resources that the US State Department has - despite going out of his way to avoid contributing to it.

TestMangler
16th November 2012, 08:45

:laugh :laugh :laugh

KentPhilip
16th November 2012, 10:27
:laugh :laugh :laugh

OMG 5 positive reps for that!

I should 'fess up that it was from a joke website not my own...

stek
16th November 2012, 10:30
Maybe he's gone to see Dr Solomons?

TestMangler
16th November 2012, 10:33
Maybe he's gone to see Dr Solomons?

Hope you're not expecting any +ve for that :-)

stek
16th November 2012, 10:34

If I get some I'll post here, don't worry!

stek
16th November 2012, 12:34

I got one off Zeity! Cheers ZG!!

speling bee
16th November 2012, 13:46

Whatever the outcome, they'll never be able to get rid of him.

Doggy Styles
16th November 2012, 14:55
So firstly he moves to Belize to dodge US taxes....

Then his whines like a baby that the country he has moved to - has a corrupt police force

Presumably he will be wanting all the support and resources that the US State Department has - despite going out of his way to avoid contributing to it.How does he dodge US taxes in Belize?

stek
16th November 2012, 15:09
How does he dodge US taxes in Belize?

Well, I have half a tale here, an acquaintance of mine in UK has a Belize company, as far as I know he has property for rental in M/cr nothing grand and several micro businesses, all channelled through this Belize Co, meaning (to him) he pays no UK tax and none (he said none) or very low (prolly the truth) Belize tax. I explained to him the 183 days stuff, domicile for tax purposes, he insists he's fully entitled to carry on here in UK paying no tax and he's quite proud to say that at 37 yo he's never paid a penny in UK tax. (income tax/NI obviously, lets not get into RLF, VAT on pasties etc...)

Now I would never shop him, but part of me hopes he gets it.....

He tells me the Belize door is shut now, but still ok for those in it already. Like, yeah....

KentPhilip
16th November 2012, 15:19
Well, I have half a tale here, an acquaintance of mine in UK has a Belize company, as far as I know he has property for rental in M/cr nothing grand and several micro businesses, all channelled through this Belize Co, meaning (to him) he pays no UK tax and none (he said none) or very low (prolly the truth) Belize tax. I explained to him the 183 days stuff, domicile for tax purposes, he insists he's fully entitled to carry on here in UK paying no tax and he's quite proud to say that at 37 yo he's never paid a penny in UK tax. (income tax/NI obviously, lets not get into RLF, VAT on pasties etc...)

Now I would never shop him, but part of me hopes he gets it.....

He tells me the Belize door is shut now, but still ok for those in it already. Like, yeah....

OK HMRC might prosecute him for tax evasion. But do HMRC have the ability to forcibly take the unpaid tax from his Belize bank account(s)?

speling bee
16th November 2012, 15:24
OK HMRC might prosecute him for tax evasion. But do HMRC have the ability to forcibly take the unpaid tax from his Belize bank account(s)?

Asil Nadir has been offered the choice of coughing up 5 million or an extra few years in the chokey - compensation for theft from PP, not tax evasion but maybe the same principle applies.

Doggy Styles
16th November 2012, 15:50
How does he dodge US taxes in Belize?The reason I ask is because he is an American citizen, and they are taxed by the US wherever they are in the world.

AtW
16th November 2012, 16:37
I should 'fess up that it was from a joke website not my own...

You petty thief!!! :mad

darmstadt
19th November 2012, 21:53
His blog is either the bollocks or he's a total psycho (http://www.whoismcafee.com/) :grey :alien :eek

SantaClaus
19th November 2012, 22:22
It's the most interesting thing I've read today!

centurian
10th December 2012, 07:49

Seems like the Guatemalan government have joined the joke

John McAfee Asks For 'Normal Life' In US (http://news.sky.com/story/1023087/john-mcafee-asks-for-normal-life-in-us)

Fredy Viana, a spokesman for Guatemala's Immigration Department, said that before the agency looks into the request to allow Mr McAfee to stay in Guatemala, a judge must first deal with the appeal asking that authorities make sure Mr McAfee's physical integrity is protected.

"We won't look into (allowing him to stay) until the other appeal is resolved," Mr Viana said. "The law gives me 30 days to resolve the issue."

:laugh

greenlake
7th August 2015, 21:50
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/150807130845-john-mcafee-mug-shot-620xa.jpg

John McAfee arrested for DUI, gun possession - Aug. 7, 2015 (http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/07/news/john-mcafee-arrest/)

FatLazyContractor
8th August 2015, 07:42
John McAfee arrested for DUI, gun possession - Aug. 7, 2015 (http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/07/news/john-mcafee-arrest/)

He moved to Montreal, where he lived with his wife Janice, before moving to Tennessee. He now has a company called Future Tense Secure Systems.

Sure the Future is tense ...:eyes