• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Religious nutcase doctors refuse abortion to miscarrying woman who then dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religious nutcase doctors refuse abortion to miscarrying woman who then dies

'She nearly begged them for an abortion. Instead we lost her' - Home News - UK - The Independent

There are some real religious nut cases out there.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    The quacks in Ireland are pre-programmed not to abort foetuses, no matter what. Proper tragedy this one.

As I understand it, it is known medical fact that having an open cervix for any length of time will lead to this kind of infection.

3 days of it.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      What makes you think the doctors are "religious nutcases"? They are working in a country where it is a criminal offence for a medical practitioner to perform an abortion. The religious nutcases are the people who make the laws, or those they represent.

The doctors are still almost certainly guilty of malpractice, but every account I've seen of the case suggests their inaction was entirely on legal grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        What makes you think the doctors are "religious nutcases"? They are working in a country where it is a criminal offence for a medical practitioner to perform an abortion. The religious nutcases are the people who make the laws, or those they represent.

The doctors are still almost certainly guilty of malpractice, but every account I've seen of the case suggests their inaction was entirely on legal grounds.
        Is culpable negligence a legal ground?

Comment

Religion is evil, there's one form of proof.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Is culpable negligence a legal ground?
            "Their inaction was due to their belief that to perform a termination would render them liable to legal action up to and including criminal prosecution." Better?

Comment

"Their inaction was due to their belief that to perform a termination would render them liable to legal action up to and including criminal prosecution." Better?
              Not really. You are getting jumped up in your old age.
              My point is, by not doing anything they may equally have broken the law.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Not really. You are getting jumped up in your old age.
                My point is, by not doing anything they may equally have broken the law.
                If only I'd thought of that; I could have said something like "The doctors are still almost certainly guilty of malpractice" - oh hang on, I did.

Comment

She died because god had decided.

Comment

If only I'd thought of that; I could have said something like "The doctors are still almost certainly guilty of malpractice" - oh hang on, I did.
                    Gfy, seriously.

Comment

Working...
                    X