• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Writers Block

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writers Block

Well I was only exagerrating when I said I'd only completed the first sentence of my putative book. I've recently written the first chapter. But being a perfectionist, I keep polishing and changing.
    Maybe I'm trying too hard - I don't want to create great literature, just a formulaic commercial phenomenon that makes me filthy rich.

The plot involves a police inspector in an unnamed sleep, tropical paradise who gets involved in a drugs and prostitution network run by the Albanian mafia in concert with local crooks. And so on....But the pace would be suitably sleepy, charming, whimiscal and positive, more Mme Ramotswe than Jack Reacher.

maybe I need to research a sleepy troipical paradise - get a feel for it...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well I was only exagerrating when I said I'd only completed the first sentence of my putative book. I've recently written the first chapter. But being a perfectionist, I keep polishing and changing.
    Maybe I'm trying too hard - I don't want to create great literature, just a formulaic commercial phenomenon that makes me filthy rich.

The plot involves a police inspector in an unnamed sleep, tropical paradise who gets involved in a drugs and prostitution network run by the Albanian mafia in concert with local crooks. And so on....But the pace would be suitably sleepy, charming, whimiscal and positive, more Mme Ramotswe than Jack Reacher.

maybe I need to research a sleepy troipical paradise - get a feel for it...
    It's NaNoWriMo - pull your finger out and get on with it!

I won a prize for the first chapter of my novel. It was about a boy who wet himself. I never got past chapter 3.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I won a prize for the first chapter of my novel. It was about a boy who wet himself. I never got past chapter 3.
      If I had won a prize for the first chapter I would have pushed myself to finish it...why don't you carry on?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        If I had won a prize for the first chapter I would have pushed myself to finish it...why don't you carry on?
        So Sas, you're suffering from a lack of imagination and original thought.

Who'd have thought it possible...

Comment

Always write about something you have first hand experience of.

How about a delusional misfit that's been diagnosed with excessive syndrome, who lives in a fantasy world due to total isolation?

Just don't use my name directly, okay?

Comment

You probably channel all your writing time and energy into CUK. How many words a day do you write here?

Actually that would be quite a cool forum statistic to have access to, along-side posts-per-day. Has anyone ever seen a forum implement that?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              So Sas, you're suffering from a lack of imagination and original thought.

Who'd have thought it possible...
              We can't all be as creative and arty-farty as you, Shakespeare.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Here is a tip that will help you:

1) Open in notepad the following file:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

2) add entry: 127.0.0.1 forums.contractoruk.com

3) save

This will help to focus...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Was he going to grow up into a comedy BA?
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

wow, the reviews are not looking good so far. maybe you should hire Max Clifford to help you out

sounds like one of those books that once you put it down you cant pick it up

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X