• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "New" War of the Worlds"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "New" War of the Worlds"

Any thoughts?

Personally I think they've done a great job from the excerpts I've been privy to.

Definitely on my Xmas list.

I take it you mean this

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds - The New Generation: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Where have you heard snippets? Linky?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      On't wireless. 88 to 91 FM

Comment

Funny, I downloaded and listened to the old Jeff Wayne one a few weeks back, the very next day I turn on the radio to hear Gary Barlow singing Forever Autumn.

I had no idea there was a new version at the time, I must have sensed it subliminally.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It's the best "stuck in motorway traffic" album ever. IMHO of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            It's the best "stuck in motorway traffic" album ever. IMHO of course.
            WPLS++;

Comment

I think I heard the new Forever Autumn, but it sounded exactly the same. Though I did hear The Eve of War (is that the first track?) when Jeff Wayne was on the Simon Mayo show last week, and thought Liam Neeson was terrible at the iconic introduction.

Just a way of making some more cash out of it obviously.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

There was a bit about the stage show on Front Row (or some such programme) on Radio 4 the other day. I didn't catch it all, but they reckoned some of the visual effects they've achieved are absolutely breathtaking.

Comment

There is a production of it on at the Planetarium down my way at the moment.

They have actors running about the sides of the auditorium and CGI animation projected onto the ceiling. The music sounds like it must be the 'old school' version though.

One of my friends loved the original album when she was a kid so that's why she suggested that we go. I'll have to let her know about the new version.

Comment

It is fuggin gash.

Comment

Working...
                    X