PDA

View Full Version : The "New" War of the Worlds"

SupremeSpod
16th November 2012, 09:39
Any thoughts?

Personally I think they've done a great job from the excerpts I've been privy to.

Definitely on my Xmas list.

Pondlife
16th November 2012, 09:42
I take it you mean this

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds - The New Generation: Amazon.co.uk: Music (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeff-Waynes-Musical-Version-Worlds/dp/B009CAAGCG/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1347983287&sr=1-1)

Where have you heard snippets? Linky?

SupremeSpod
16th November 2012, 09:43
I take it you mean this

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds - The New Generation: Amazon.co.uk: Music (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeff-Waynes-Musical-Version-Worlds/dp/B009CAAGCG/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1347983287&sr=1-1)

Where have you heard snippets? Linky?

On't wireless. 88 to 91 FM :bang:

gingerjedi
16th November 2012, 09:45
Funny, I downloaded and listened to the old Jeff Wayne one a few weeks back, the very next day I turn on the radio to hear Gary Barlow singing Forever Autumn.

I had no idea there was a new version at the time, I must have sensed it subliminally. :freaky:

Pondlife
16th November 2012, 09:46
It's the best "stuck in motorway traffic" album ever. IMHO of course.

SupremeSpod
16th November 2012, 09:48
It's the best "stuck in motorway traffic" album ever. IMHO of course.

WPLS++;

VectraMan
16th November 2012, 11:23
I think I heard the new Forever Autumn, but it sounded exactly the same. Though I did hear The Eve of War (is that the first track?) when Jeff Wayne was on the Simon Mayo show last week, and thought Liam Neeson was terrible at the iconic introduction.

Just a way of making some more cash out of it obviously.

NickFitz
16th November 2012, 13:48
There was a bit about the stage show on Front Row (or some such programme) on Radio 4 the other day. I didn't catch it all, but they reckoned some of the visual effects they've achieved are absolutely breathtaking.

Gonzo
21st November 2012, 10:32
There is a production of it on at the Planetarium down my way at the moment.

They have actors running about the sides of the auditorium and CGI animation projected onto the ceiling. The music sounds like it must be the 'old school' version though.

One of my friends loved the original album when she was a kid so that's why she suggested that we go. I'll have to let her know about the new version.

minestrone
21st November 2012, 10:47
It is fuggin gash.

SimonMac
21st November 2012, 10:48
Is this the one with Tom Cruise?

:rolleyes: