PDA

View Full Version : Majestic under threat?

vetran
16th November 2012, 10:01
Vietnamese Google-killer searches like it's 1996 ? The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/16/wada_google_vietnam_search_wars/)

Alexander Smirnov, business development director of Russian search firm Ashmanov and Partners, which supplied the underlying technology, said this method of searching is in sync with Vietnamese users, especially on the mobile.

Looks a bit Metro-visual to me.

DimPrawn
16th November 2012, 10:04
Majestic has got sod all to do with searching.

It's now morphed into a web crawler + backlinks database for SEO, spammers and the like.

But hey, it pays for the DFS sofa on interest free credit, so it's all good.

:rolleyes:

sasguru
16th November 2012, 10:09

It's now morphed into a web crawler + backlinks database for SEO, spammers and the like.

Jeez Atw's life's work is just to make it easy for spammers?
That's the beauty of the UK, we take our immigrants and make them as useless as we are :laugh:laugh:laugh

vetran
16th November 2012, 10:34

But hey, it pays for the DFS sofa on interest free credit, so it's all good.

I know, that, you know that but Alexei bites best when you wind him up about having a search engine. Anyway I do try to make these links relevant to the community.

xoggoth
16th November 2012, 10:38
That reminds me, I must get round to improving the 1950s style search on the free wild flower pics page on my business website.

if (enteredString>=name[n]) display(n);

Hey aTw! Gotta job for me?

RasputinDude
16th November 2012, 11:33
TFFT, I thought my wine supplier was going to go bankrupt.

AtW
16th November 2012, 11:55
It's now morphed into a web crawler + backlinks database for SEO

World leading product in its niche :smokin

EternalOptimist
16th November 2012, 11:59

is it leather ?

fullyautomatix
16th November 2012, 12:02
AtW is like Steve Jobs of Majestic SEO. As long as he is in charge it will continue to innovate and succeed in its marketplace.

AtW
16th November 2012, 12:03
AtW is like Steve Jobs of Majestic SEO. As long as he is in charge it will continue to innovate and succeed in its marketplace.

:hug:

d000hg
16th November 2012, 12:17
:hug:AtW you've been away from CUK for ages and suddenly returned - did you forget us or were you flouncing or what?

AtW
16th November 2012, 12:20
AtW you've been away from CUK for ages and suddenly returned - did you forget us or were you flouncing or what?

I was busy working on something.

HTH

d000hg
16th November 2012, 12:21
I was busy working on something.

HTHAnd now you're not? Was it anything exciting - I like hearing about your techy stuff.

sasguru
16th November 2012, 12:30

You mean it's better at generating spam than its competitors?
And you spent your life on this? I created more useful products in my first year after university.

d000hg
16th November 2012, 12:33
It doesn't generate spam. Actually it's very useful at detecting online spam from what I understand, I'm sure I read something about that a while ago... someone used it to find spammers had got them blacklisted from Google.

darmstadt
16th November 2012, 14:00
Instead of a simple Google-like search bar in the middle of the page, Wada also offers an extensive ‘web directory’ through which to search, divided into category (eg ‘Sport’) and sub-category (‘Football’). Users can also navigate through the directory by ‘genre’.

So what exactly is this (http://www.dmoz.org/)?

AtW
16th November 2012, 15:39
And you spent your life on this?

More or less :ind

I could have done better if I just invested into Google IPO :eek

But then again I would not have felt I've earned the money :smokin

AtW
16th November 2012, 16:10
It doesn't generate spam. Actually it's very useful at detecting online spam from what I understand, I'm sure I read something about that a while ago... someone used it to find spammers had got them blacklisted from Google.

Indeed...