• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using your home address for Company Registered address.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using your home address for Company Registered address.

Hello,

I am very new to this forum and about to start a limited company (Independent IT Contracting ). I have few basic queries regarding setting up a limited company. I would appreciate if you can help me out.

- Can I use my home address as registered address for the limited Company ? If yes, what are the pros and cons.
    - I did read that lots of people use their Accountant address as company address. What are the pros and cons of doing this.
    - What is the average accountant fee per month ?
    - I have a mortgage for my home. If I use the home address as company, would it effect my monthly payments ? Would it be considered business premises ?? Its only me who will be visiting my clients place to work.
    - Would this effect my home/car insurance ??
    - Do I need to inform my bank about this ??

Thanks for your responses.
    Cheers
    Ammu

Originally posted by ammu View Post
    Hello,

I am very new to this forum and about to start a limited company (Independent IT Contracting ). I have few basic queries regarding setting up a limited company. I would appreciate if you can help me out.

- Can I use my home address as registered address for the limited Company ? If yes, what are the pros and cons.
    - I did read that lots of people use their Accountant address as company address. What are the pros and cons of doing this.
    - I have a mortgage for my home. If I use the home address as company, would it effect my monthly payments ? Would it be considered business premises ?? Its only me who will be visiting my clients place to work.

Thanks for your responses.
    Cheers
    Ammu
    Yes
    Depends
    Can be more expensive and you might lose some control but you do protect your privacy
    Mean, median or mode?
    Unlikely. In what way?
    Maybe - have you bled the your radiators?
    Maybe
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Yes, but it is best to use an independent host.

Do not use your account's address. Keep everything separate.

You can DIY but a good accountant should cost about £50-£100

- I have a mortgage for my home. If I use the home address as company, would it effect my monthly payments ? Would it be considered business premises ??

Only part. Forget the idea...

Its only me who will be visiting my clients place to work.
      Yes
      Abount what?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ammu View Post
        I have this horrible feeling about this question. You do know the difference between the company's bank account and your own right?

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
          I have this horrible feeling about this question. You do know the difference between the company's bank account and your own right?
          He only gets a free teddy with his personal account?
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
            I think he's using "bank" in the sense of "mortgage provider" and wants to know if the mortgage provider needs to be told that he's using the place as the registered office of a limited company.

Comment

You could try posting in the professional forums not General...

Saying that you could have tried doing a search first as well. You can find how to search in this thread...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You could try posting in the professional forums not General...

Saying that you could have tried doing a search first as well. You can find how to search in this thread...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
                I'm not sure I like this streamlined process. Can't you tell him to post in the professional forum first, and then when he has done so, tear him a new arsehole for not searching properly?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  This is now in Business, so...

You may need to increase the insurance cover on your car to include business use.

It isn't expensive.

<ZG in "must be nice to newbies> mode>
                  ...and then devour them once they're of guard.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                    I'm not sure I like this streamlined process. Can't you tell him to post in the professional forum first, and then when he has done so, tear him a new arsehole for not searching properly?
                    Not a bad suggestion.. I will take that advice on board!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X