• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compulsary holidays at Barclays ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compulsary holidays at Barclays ?

Last year contractors at Barclays were required to take 10 days off in December. How about this year?
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Certainly the case at LBG (subject to project needs etc etc) I'm delighted, time with the family.
    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

I am at an financial blue chip org and all contractors are the same as well, finishing on 14th December.

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
        Certainly the case at LBG (subject to project needs etc etc) I'm delighted, time with the family.
        +1 def !

Comment

You are not forced to take compulsory holidays. Permies are given that. You are ask not to work for a period of time. There is a big difference with IR35 looming over you. One can be a pointer inside, having it reworded could be a nice pointer outside.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Happy for you.

I have not heard anything yet ... If that is the requirement I would like to know ASAP to make plans...

Comment

just been asked if i will come in Christmas eve BOO!!, but then off until new year HOORAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You are not forced to take compulsory holidays. Permies are given that. You are ask not to work for a period of time. There is a big difference with IR35 looming over you. One can be a pointer inside, having it reworded could be a nice pointer outside.
                My contract will be terminated on 21st Dec and a new one started on 7th Jan.

You knew what he meant
                Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
                  My contract will be terminated on 21st Dec and a new one started on 7th Jan.

You knew what he meant
                  Can't assume anything with some of the numpties that post on this forum. I assumed lithium had a clue how to run his companys' finances properly at first but look what happened there.....
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Point taken. Terminology aside, is it customary each year for every contractor?

Comment

Working...
                    X