• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn Internationals weekend 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn Internationals weekend 2

Friday, 16 November 2012
    Wales v Samoa, 19:30
    After last week this game is now much tougher to call. Wales often struggle with the straight running, hard tackling style of Samoa. In some ways they try to play a similar game. To beat the island teams you need to outplay them at the set-piece, get them on the back foot, like England did last week against Fiji. Trying to play them at their own game is dangerous.

I expect a much improved performance from Wales though, Samoa are not as tough as Argentina, so...Wales by 5+ but high scoring game hopefully.

Saturday, 17 November 2012
    England v Australia, 14:30
    Game of the weekend I guess. Even if France hadn't smashed the Wallabies last week England would have fancied their chances. So England had a good run last week. Aussies got bashed, they look tired, there are problems in the camp, quite a few key injuries.

Experience thus tells me that Aussie will win by a narrow margin. It's rugby.

France v Argentina, 20:00
    A possible classic. Everyone knows that the pumas now have the upper hand psychologically against Le bleus. The French know it, and have pride to play for, no-one likes to be the whipping boy in rugby. The Argies know the French know it, and are chuckling to themselves. Both teams are full of confidence after last weeks games...

Argentine consistency to beat French flair I think...

Ireland A v Fiji, 17:30
    Not much to say here, should be similar to the England v Fiji game. Ireland to win by 20+. Shame for Fiji, they were showing such promise not so long ago.

Italy v New Zealand, 14:00
    Allegedly the All Blacks are worried about the Italian pack, which is to say they are not. Unfortunately for Italy, the All Black defence was found a little wanting against Scotland, therefore they would have worked on that this week. Plus Nonu & Conrad Smith are back in the centres. 14 changes in all, don't be surprised if there is a step up in intensity from the ABs with players gunning for a spot against Wales & England.

All Blacks by 20+, would be 20 more if Carter was playing.

Scotland v South Africa, 14:30
    Actually a tough one to call. Scotland have ambushed the Springboks before, and they played pretty well against the All Blacks last week. Springboks are not easy to beat though. If Scotland cut the errors out and tackle better they might be in with a chance, certainly they have the forwards to match and some pace out wide.

I would like Scotland to win this...so Scotland by 3.

What do you reckon?
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Step 1 for England;

England to play in white. No more purple poofiness.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      No more purple poofiness.
      And with that you can see why Rugby is a sport for complete tossers.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post

... What do you reckon?
        I reckon you must spend far too much time and effort worrying about which bunch of guys are slightly better at running about holding a pig's bladder
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          And with that you can see why Rugby is a sport for complete tossers.
          It's getting that way these days, yes. The whole England team looked like Tinky Winky yesterday.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Missed all the games this weekend

France have turned in impressive score-lines 2 weeks in a row. Has the sleeping giant awoken?

Comment

Working...
            X