• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just dodged a drunk-driving ban.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dodged a drunk-driving ban.....

Got a about 4-5 pints in me now, was bombing it back home at about 60 in a 30mph, coppers coming the other way, slowed down just as I passed them, but the rozzers turned around and followed.

Luckily was only a few turns of the wheel from home, kept my speed down, indicated and missed home a bit, got to T-junction, the filth pull up next to me (at which point I realised my deception job had been a good'un), lowered the window and went into my (true) story about how I'm helping their colleagues with id'ing the perp in an assault last week, the Boar asks, "What's that got to do with anything?"

I reply, "Nothing, admittedly", in my most clipped tones. It's dark, I drive pretty well when drunk and made sure I enunciated crisply but didn't overcook in case they caught on.

THe Sow sat next to the Boar asked me how long I had the car, my registered address, why I'd missed my new address (the road is on a slope), I suppose my articulate delivery, high forehead and geek glasses closed the show.

Thank FERRRRRRRRRRRRK they didn't ask me to get out of the car and get close to me. I was nearly toast.....

I live to drink drive another day.

JB

Good man!!! Next time though make it 15 pints, may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb!!!

Comment

Shame they didn't get you or you didn't manage to obliterate yourself against a sturdy inanimate object.

Having lost a very good friend to a drink driving cretin I'd rather you were off the road for good. I don't find your "tale" even marginally amusing and I sincerely hope you get collared.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        ... and I sincerely hope you get collared.
        Hopefully before he kills someone and has to spend quality time with Bubba.

If you can't control your drinking to the extent you do stupid things like this, then maybe you should think about quitting.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeInCUK View Post
          Got a about 4-5 pints in me now, was bombing it back home at about 60 in a 30mph, coppers coming the other way, slowed down just as I passed them, but the rozzers turned around and followed.

Luckily was only a few turns of the wheel from home, kept my speed down, indicated and missed home a bit, got to T-junction, the filth pull up next to me (at which point I realised my deception job had been a good'un), lowered the window and went into my (true) story about how I'm helping their colleagues with id'ing the perp in an assault last week, the Boar asks, "What's that got to do with anything?"

I reply, "Nothing, admittedly", in my most clipped tones. It's dark, I drive pretty well when drunk and made sure I enunciated crisply but didn't overcook in case they caught on.

THe Sow sat next to the Boar asked me how long I had the car, my registered address, why I'd missed my new address (the road is on a slope), I suppose my articulate delivery, high forehead and geek glasses closed the show.

Thank FERRRRRRRRRRRRK they didn't ask me to get out of the car and get close to me. I was nearly toast.....

JB
          Oh I think that deserves saving before you sober up and decide to pull this post. That way we can all see what a knob you are when you're drunk.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

JB

Was it 4 or was it 5 BeeJay ?

I hope your new police commissioner brings back the birch. just for you

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

You are a marked man now, they know you are a twat and are lulling you into a false sense of security to ensure that when they get you you'll end up doing time instead of paying a fine.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

4 pints?

A shandy drinking poofter like you wouldn't be able to find your car never mind drive the ******* thing home.

Congrats on winding up the great unwashed though.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

If you can't control your drinking to the extent you do stupid things like this,...
                  What, starting this thread?

I got pulled over by the rozzers once when I'd had a couple and possibly borderline, and I blew 7/35.
                  "Seven" I exclaimed. "I could have had another pint!"
                  They didn't like that.
                  Last edited by KentPhilip; 17 November 2012, 08:32.

Comment

JB
                    You seem to be very proud of yourself. Maybe when you're sober and you put a bit of thought into this you'll realise you've done something very silly and there's nothing to be proud of. I know someone who's been paralysed from the neck down by a drink driver and I don't think he'd be amused by this story. Please reconsider your behaviour and get a taxi next time. We all make mistakes from time to time and have to learn from them, but it's nothing to boast about.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X