• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Green Deal 'in tatters' as no-one registers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Deal 'in tatters' as no-one registers

" The Green Deal encourages homeowners to take out a loan to make their house more energy -efficient. The project goes live in 10 weeks but households have had since October 1 to have their home assessed for the scheme prior to its launch.

However Greg Barker, the climate change minister, has admitted that “no assessments have yet been lodged” on the Government’s official register by homeowners.

Luciana Berger, the shadow climate change minister, described the Green Deal as a “shambles” and said its launch is “lying in tatters”. The Coalition hopes that owners of up to 14 million draughty homes will sign up to the scheme.

Last night the energy industry called on the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) to launch an urgent marketing campaign to alert homeowners to the scheme.

Under the Green Deal people can borrow up to £10,000 from a private sector loan provider and have loft and wall insulation fitted in their homes. The loan is repaid over a period of up to 25 years through higher bills."

Source: Green Deal 'in tatters' as no-one registers - Telegraph

Govt is trying to deal with debt crisis, yet it encourages to take a loan?

What would be the interest rate from Wonga on such loans?

Damn, I was expecting this to be about the Rangers FC's COE Charles Green's new share issues.

Comment

Climate change? Are they still sucking on the taxpayer's teat for this quasi-religious nonsense?

I thought this had already been exposed for the propaganda and "searching the funding, not the science" that it it was?

Especially since the Biased BBC has been exposed, for what we all suspected, for its non-impartial stance of the '"The Science Is Settled" bolloks:

Here's Guido to provide the the view that the MSM would like to ignore, and not the definitive to avoid the direct misdirects that it's Guido and not other avenues of the rest of the complacent MSM, and before the pjclarke monstrosity gets resurrected into "denier lock down mode for the sake of funding and lefty ideologue" mode, I'll be quick:

Guido, SFW, but do your own research
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        C
        Especially since the Biased BBC has been exposed, for what we all suspected, for its non-impartial stance of the '"The Science Is Settled" bolloks:
        Richard Black left the BBC at the end of August, which has meant real science can finally get a look in on the Science Pages
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I had my cavity walls done (average size 4 bed detached) for £75 under one of the government subsidy schemes. I believe British Gas will do their customers for free. I think you can get your loft done for a similar price. Why the hell would you need to borrow £10,000 to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by MadDawg View Post
            I had my cavity walls done (average size 4 bed detached) for £75 under one of the government subsidy schemes. I believe British Gas will do their customers for free. I think you can get your loft done for a similar price. Why the hell would you need to borrow £10,000 to do it?
            I suppose you could spend that on solar panels, especially after the Government withdrew or greatly reduced the subsidy for those (I think).

But you'd be a mug, because in 5 or 10 years solar panels will very likely be far cheaper and more efficient than they are today.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MadDawg View Post
              For a newer, more efficient boiler.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

That's because it's a crap scheme. 25 years of higher energy bills, which also has to be passed on to any new buyer of your house, so will make your house harder to sell.

You're better off just borrowing the cash and making the improvement, which can probably be done for less than under the scheme anyway after everyone else has added on their respective markups etc.

Plus in the current climate, after the misselling scandals of PPI, IR swaps etc. people just don't trust any form of finance provder - justifyably so...

Comment

The Green Deal website hasn't launched yet, it's due later this month, so that could have something to do with why nobody's registered with it yet.

Incidentally my current client is hosting it...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Richard Black left the BBC at the end of August, which has meant real science can finally get a look in on the Science Pages
                    Richard Black was well known for being able to spin anything into a GW scare story, but its actually a fellow called Harrabin who was pulling the strings, and he is still there.
                    It was Harrabin who organised that famous seminar where the BBC's impartiality was ditched in a policy change that apparently flies in the face of the charter.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X