• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commute to Canary Wharf via King's X

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone done it, what's it like? Any worse than getting to Bank?

Already got 1:15 hours getting to King's X so don't want a worse journey than my current city commute, but don't want to miss out on the joys of HSBC/CS/Barcap etc if the travel is not as bad as I think.

At a guess i'd say you're looking at another 45 mins there.

Home | Transport for London

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      At a guess i'd say you're looking at another 45 mins there.

Home | Transport for London

Comment

I visited a pro up in kings X while working at Canary Wharf.

Its quite a trek. I found the best way was to take a Boris bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Macavity View Post
          Bloody awful. Add ≥50% to your day rate for the sweaty, overcrowded faff in the morning. Add more if at Barcap.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            Bloody awful. Add ≥50% to your day rate for the sweaty, overcrowded faff in the morning. Add more if at Barcap.
            +1

Stay in a hotel
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Macavity View Post

Already got 1:15 hours getting to King's X so don't want a worse journey than my current city commute, but don't want to miss out on the joys of HSBC/CS/Barcap etc if the travel is not as bad as I think.
              Yep. I did it for two gigs at The Wharf. I started at 8 and finished at 4 which made the whole thing much better.

A.M. Get the Victoria line to Green Park. Then the Jubilee line out there. Head for the back of the train, usually seats. Getting on at Green Park lets you hunker down before the baying mob clambers on at Waterloo and London Bridge. The Northern Line / Bank / DLR thing is most unpleasant in the morning.

P.M. Reverse the above, although I sometimes took a cab as the rate allowed it. Cab was a pony.

Comment

Anyway to get into Liverpool Street or Stratford?

I come in from Tottenham and either LS and a 135 or Stratford and the Jubilee takes about the same time.

Kings X would be Bank, DLR, about 30 mins. Shouldn't be 45 as another poster said. Depends what you are considering. but Station to station should be 30.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Suitably put off, and amused by the various responses. Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
                  X