• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We've lost our collective bottle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've lost our collective bottle

Teen tortured and sexually assaulted his girlfriend while she was tied to a tree before murdering her with a knife

I'm sure I'm not imagining that these sorts of despicable crimes are becoming more and more commonplace. One didn't read about this sort of thing in my youth. At least not on a daily basis like nowadays.

I have bien pensant friends who believe that these sorts of crimes have always occurred at the same frequency.
    It's just that back in the nasty 60s and 70s, when everyone was a kiddy fiddler, these things got swept under the carpet .

Why? Well according to them it's because the victims and perpetrators were largely from lower classes and therefore the crimes were not considered newsworthy back then. In our current enlightened times we treat the lower classes as members of the human race so when they are victims of a heinous crime, it duly makes the papers. I have to confess that I find this particular explanation complete and utter bolderdash.

The other theory is that in the internet age we are all reading more news and therefore exposed to more stories of this nature. Slightly more plausible, perhaps.

Problem is, one reads a story such as the item I've linked to above and it leaves one just very angry with our liberal approach to law and order and leaves one wondering if the thought of the walk to the gallows might just have made this little scrote think twice before doing those unspeakable things to that poor soul.

Oh indeed. The death penalty certainly saves lives. Despite what limp-wristed liberals say, statistics from the USA show that the death penalty significantly reduces the rate of murders and other severe crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
      Problem is, one reads a story such as the item I've linked to above and it leaves one just very angry with our liberal approach to law and order and leaves one wondering if the thought of the walk to the gallows might just have made this little scrote think twice before doing those unspeakable things to that poor soul.
      He's got a mental age of nine, so the answer to your question is pretty obviously "No".

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        He's got a mental age of nine, so the answer to your question is pretty obviously "No".
        a Nine year old understands risk, especially one on the street, interesting they found his age as nine not ten the age of criminal responsibility.

No doubt the poor sod was probably let down by the entire system but there is no doubt in my mind he knew what he was doing and what he was doing was wrong.

now what to do?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was in australia. a orrible brown snake went for the missus

so I twatted it.

I have no idea if that snake was dangerous, I have no idea if that poor snake was just trying to feed the family
          I have no idea if I was right or if I was wrong

sometimes, you see a threat

and you twat it

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The murderer has an IQ of 55. Even in the US he wouldn't face the death penalty.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Bad taste for a CUK sockie. Trying to inject Buggeridge style meme in the same space as something so sinister I find a little hard to swallow with my fry up.

Could the sockie owner have a quiet word with themselves please?
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                The murderer has an IQ of 55. Even in the US he wouldn't face the death penalty.
                Is that why MF has gone out there?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Society is to blame.

Yeah.

Right.
                  no he is to blame, but a person with an IQ of 55 on the streets it suggests our touchy feely division weren't at the top of their game with him.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    Oh indeed. The death penalty certainly saves lives. Despite what limp-wristed liberals say, statistics from the USA show that the death penalty significantly reduces the rate of murders and other severe crimes.
                    Really? I always thought the murder rate in the US was several times higher than any other country in the Western world.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X