• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London's future skyline in doubt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London's future skyline in doubt

Linky

The tallest skyscraper planned for the City of London may never become reality, its lead architect admits - as a BBC investigation raises questions over the capital's future skyline.

Amid the clamour that accompanied the completion of the Shard, something was amiss.

The UK's tallest skyscraper did not have a single financial tenant in place.
    I remember reading something in the past month or so on Money Week about the skyscraper index? Bascially a pattern emerged that countries that put up the most skyscrapers tend to go into recession soon after, eg China.

So I see this as positive news.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Amid the clamour that accompanied the completion of the Shart, something was amiss.
    ftfy

Fine building in the right context, a new city where history is yet to be made, but it's overpowering and dominates the skyline. As it stands it's a revolting monument to tasteless new money and bling bling and looks more like something from North Korea.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The buildings in the city are way too small. They need space for large trading rooms. Thats why the IBs have moved East.

Before JPM moved to the wharf there was a plan for them to get a huge trading floor next to the Barbican. DHL and St Alphage house. If they can't get any IB in there then the city is stuffed.

Comment

Working...
      X