• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Roast Goose Recipe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Roast Goose Recipe?

Norrahe?

This is for that day this year which shall remain unspoken about until we are well into December and the tree has just gone up.

This is the winner so far Goose with Honey roast goose with spiced orange sauce

although cretin01/2/3 and princess01 probly won't like the spice.

The opposite end of the spectrum is of course this monstrosity from Gord Goose with chinese stuff for xmas day ffs

I note from this article here written in a far too chatty style for my liking states :

Although it has more flavour than roast turkey, goose lacks the gamey notes of pheasant or partridge. What sets it apart is its natural fat that melts into the flesh and gives us luscious gravy, thus creating an indulgent dish. This means any vinous partner needs to mirror this form bold in fruit and flavour, but with enough structure to handle its intensity. Some reach for the nearest bottle of Pinot Noir or aged Syrah, but, for me, the perfect spouse for a goose will always be a particular breed of white wine aromatic, yet rich and masterful.
    Now being fick and from Looo-'t'un what the **** does that mean? For us mere mortals can someone decode and suggest a wine befitting for my dinner table to accompany the bird?
    Last edited by suityou01; 20 November 2012, 06:38. Reason: schpellink
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I've used this recipe time and time again:

Gordon's Christmas roast goose recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

I hope I don't need to remind you, but save all the goose fat and use it for roast potatoes in this and in subsequent meals. Yummy.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I've used this recipe time and time again:

Gordon's Christmas roast goose recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

I hope I don't need to remind you, but save all the goose fat and use it for roast potatoes in this and in subsequent meals. Yummy.
      Yep, that's the Gordon one with the chinese tulip in

Not sure the suityou-cretins or princess would like it. Is it that spicy?

We're extremely eco-friendly here so will recycle the goose fat lots

Comment

It isn't spicy. It has a lovely citrus flavour mostly - which makes the roast potatoes heavenly. And if suityou-cretins nor princess like it, it means there's more for you.

You can leave the five spice out. It's only star anise, cloves, cinnamon, pepper and fennel.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          It isn't spicy. It has a lovely citrus flavour mostly - which makes the roast potatoes heavenly. And if suityou-cretins nor princess like it, it means there's more for you.

You can leave the five spice out. It's only star anise, cloves, cinnamon, pepper and fennel.
          It gets used regularly in the NAT household?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=75r7U...%3D75r7UflPoNw

Comment

Working...
          X