• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What noise should electric cars make in the future?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What noise should electric cars make in the future?

Plan to tackle 'silent killer' electric cars - Telegraph

About time the fooking lemming ped(o)estrians got used to looking out instead of listening. Last night in Lewisham some kid looking for a Darwin award walked in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and screamed - luckily he jumped backwards and I missed him by an inch.
    Silent
    25.00%
    The noise of andyw and sasguru having sex
    75.00%

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

About time the fooking lemming ped(o)estrians got used to looking out instead of listening. Last night in Lewisham some kid looking for a Darwin award walked in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and screamed - luckily he jumped backwards and I missed him by an inch.
    Shouldn't he have been screaming? Or had you 'borrowed' a GT86 fom somewhere and were scared of the reaction if an oik shaped dent was discovered in the front?

I think you should be able to install your own sounds, in the same vein as satnavs. That way you could pretend to have a ferrari. Or just have Stephen Fry educating the masses as you waft past.

Comment

We discussed this a couple of years ago. I reckon you'll be able to get drive tones for electric cars, like ring tones for mobile phones today.

I plan to get a "galloping horses" drive tone
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        We discussed this a couple of years ago. I reckon you'll be able to get drive tones for electric cars, like ring tones for mobile phones today.

I want a steam train for mine...

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Shouldn't he have been screaming? Or had you 'borrowed' a GT86 fom somewhere and were scared of the reaction if an oik shaped dent was discovered in the front?
          He did not even look! Luckily he just jumped backwards. The problem with being on a bike and hitting someone is that you get hurt. Yet another reason not to jump red lights.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Agreed, although blind folks might have an issue with this, although they probably don't get run over often because they have a sensible, well adjusted and responsible dog that looks before crossing the road.

I get the impression there's too much legislation directed at protecting idiots against themselves. Over here in NL, if an accident involves a car driver and a pedestrian or cyclist, then the car driver gets the legal blame by default, even if the pedestrian's wearing dark clothing and wobbling about drunk in the middle of the night, or even if the cyclist has no lights and is on the wrong side of the road. It supposedly protects 'weaker road users' against cars and trucks, but actually just encourages irresponsible behaviour.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

you missed the 'SPLAT' option.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                you missed the 'SPLAT' option.
                Wow, electric cars and facials; that's quite a combination, even for CUK.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Wow, electric cars and facials; that's quite a combination, even for CUK.
                  well since there is no radiator to bleed one has to be inventive!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

More like the click and shutter sound that digital cameras make.

Nice one.

I was given a lift in a Prius the other day and I questioned the owner on this very subject. She's had a couple of close shaves herself.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X